O2 | promises

MUSIC FROM THE TELEVISION FILLED  EARS as it started to broadcast the Reaping ceremony

MUSIC FROM THE TELEVISION FILLED  EARS as it started to broadcast the Reaping ceremony. Casca Highbottom made his way to sit down on the stairs in front of me. I squinted my eyes as to read the delicate writing on the paper. It was too small even Highbottom needed glasses.

"District 2 boy," he paused. Sejanus' eyes widened with shock as the male tribute came into the screen. Probably someone he knew. "How apt. Boy goes to Sejanus Plinth."

What a nice combo.

"You got the pick of the litter." A smirk formed on Coriolanus' lips as he teased.

"You forget. I am from that litter." Sejanus always tenses up when the districts were mentioned. I wanted to say I know why but I doubt it was correct. I would say that he hates the fact that he was compared to a rebel, but that's my reason and it definitely couldn't be his. It probably was beause he still misses his miserable life there. I don't get it. He could have anything in the world at the Capitol yet he still wanted to go back to that depressing life.

"11, boy, Vivienne Prescott." My head shot up to the screen. It showed a boy being forced to the stage, he was maybe around 16? Maybe 17? He looked like he kills for fun. The thought of it made me chuckle. The girl tribute however, looked like she'd die before the games would even start.

"The runt girl, district 12, she belongs to Coriolanus Snow." It was my time to smirk. This was going to be easy.

"What is that dress? Is she some sort of clown?" Arachne teased as the girl made her way to the stage. She indeed looked like one. With her colourful fluffy skirt and floral corset, it made her appear a laughingstock.

My eyes squinted to take a better look at what she was doing as she approached one of the girls in the front. Was it a snake? Whatever she placed in the girl's dressed made he scream her lungs out. Coriolanus stood up without hesitation. The whole scene was filled with chaos. She landed face first on the ground as the mayor's palm made contact with her cheek.

"Nothing you can take, was ever worth taking."

The whole hall were chattering when the girl started singing. My brows were knitted together. Is she being for real? Did the smack made her loose her mind?

"Singing? Is she out of her mind?" Arachne commented.

Coriolanus however, was unaffected by the comment, instead he seemed to be head over heels for the girl. His pupils were dilated. I've never seen him look at someone like this before.

My attention was then brought back to the television as the girl grabbed the microphone, shouting, "You can kiss my ass!"

I couldn't help but laugh at the little remark. The whole hall did.

"Well, she's mentally ill." This was the first time I've ever agreed with Arachne.

"Good luck with that, Coryo." I giggled, thinking on how she would survive even a minute in the arena. Probably the girl from 11 would beat her to it.