''Next time?!''

The drums were beating, sounding like a heartbeat.

Bera stood with the rest of the victors near to Snow and down on the ground instead of nicely up with Coin; she was trying to show how superior she was; she was even wearing white.

"Come forth mockingjay." Came her voice through loud speakers.

This took place in the theater that was to no more hold tribute parades, it was truly over.

But she didn't care for Katniss coming near, the people following after her, many of many districts gathered here to see this day, the day Snow would fall.

And all Bera was looking at was Snow's smile.

If Coin had any bit of honor she would have offered Bera to kill Snow, the one woman that started all of this, Snow's biggest enemy, the one left to take 8's vengeance... But she had none and Bera was delegated to a pretty little show with the rest of the victors.

When Katniss passed the other victors by a few steps before stopping, the words of one resonating in her mind... And she knew what needed to be done.

She was correct, she needs to make the correct choice now.

"Mockingjay, nock your arrow and let it fly true, hitting evil in the heart and liberating Panem from oppression."

She nocked the arrow and aimed at Snow who stared  back at her.

...

But she tilted the bow up and let the arrow fly, hitting Coin in the heart.

Bera couldn't help it, not when seeing Snow still alive, not when seeing him laugh, not when seeing the mob of people run forwards, ready to kill him themselves.

She can't let that happened.

Lunging forwards to shove Katniss out of the way while unfolding her spear and in a half sprint, throwing it with all her strength before the crowd ran in and shoved her back and away.

An arrow can fly longer then a spear but not longer then one powered by a mind-numbing need to hit its target.

And Snow had accepted his death, that's why he was not tied down, that's why he let Katniss aim at him and stared death in the face.

That's why his body stayed standing, the spear flung through his and stabbed in the stone keeping him on his feet because it didn't let him fall.

Bera was dragged out of the crowd, soon reunited with all the victors.

"Come on, let us all go home."

But Bera had no hom--"Hey."

"Yeah?" She turned to Enobaria.

"We all know 8 is flat as a pancake, what do you say about coming to 2? You could maybe find something about your family history, maybe a cousin or something, so you are not alone?"

"I'm never alone, I have all of the victors." She grabbed her hand. "And you."

"At least you learnt how to flirt."

"Right? All it took was taking down a government that has been in place for 76 years, no biggie."

"Next time try to not die at every turn." Enobaria dragged her towards the train that the other victors already were walking towards.

"Next time?!" Came the scream.