-Bloodbath-

(No Judging my music choice.)

This was absolutely great

Well... As much as a game to the death could be.

She lived more in the streets of 8 and survived there then actually in her supposed home, give Bera any towns and she'll survive easier then a forest.

Sure, it was heavily decayed and overgrown but it was a town.

She was standing on a pedestal half a meter off the ground and in a circle with the cornucopia that always looked the same in the middle.

Bera felt like there was more distance between the pedestals and the cornucopia then in other years of this game but maybe it was because she was in it and not watching it on the TV or the huge screen in the district center.

She didn't see an end to this town but what she did see was 7 was to her left.

Seeing her finally look at her, the girl pointed over her shoulder and down the street behind them.

Bera looked at the middle tho, all of those bags, weapons and supplies, it could be of use.

A light head shake, pointing towards the middle with her pointer and middle finger held out, 7 didn't seem happy but Bera had completely looked away from her.

She couldn't actually see all of the tributes because of how the buildings and pedestals were positioned, she only saw five more in addition to 7 on her left and a boy on her right and none were James or 3, or even 4.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the 66th Hunger Games are about to start." The disembodied voice of the pompous Caesar came from somewhere, and loud, it didn't surprise her, this is televised even if she couldn't actually spot a camera.

She bent over, actually putting her hands on the ledge of the pedestal and moving her legs back: in a sprinter's start pose, head lifted at the hologram of a count down from 60 appeared hovering over the cornucopia.

A deep breath and slowly letting it out.

Eyes on the prized resources.

The world muffled, turned quieter then quiet, only the beeping of the count down was ever present as it was slowly ticking down towards the doom of 23 kids.

5

Bera grabbed tighter, white knuckling the ledge.

4

Impatience building to unbearable levels.

3

A last deep breath, holding it.

2

Muscles tensing.

1

And when the moment of silence was the loudest.