-Click-

"You've always looked stunning in your outfits Miss Helfir." Snow looked up. "Even more with that crimson touch to it."

How fun it was, no one was aware of what was going on here, lost in their own little world, unaware all could be ended right this moment.

Snow was correct in his words, Bera looked the best covered in the blood of her enemy.

The halls were painted with it, arms dislocated, helmets smashed in, men and women gutted on her path of anger.

And yet the only proof of it was the stray blood that had sprayed in her face.

"You should employ better guards if you wish to incur my wrath president Snow."

At the end of her held up arm, a single standard issue hand gun, those foolish peacekeepers keeping their 2 ways, going against her with melee weapon and the one to conform to ranged weaponry had missed enough shots for him to end up with his head smashed through the window and slammed down like that, neck impaled on the glass.

Bera was just a hand length away from jabbing it against the old man's forehead.

"True, you have been a thorny mistake on my part."

"You think you control all but you can't decide how people will react. You can't take me out, you can't shut me up, you can't forget me. I'm always on your mind as to why you accepted this. How you let me get away."

"Not you alone." He said, hands linked on the desk. "You are not the first woman to think she has one upped me."

"I play your game, I win you money with my body, I make them forget all the disgusting filth. Keeping their gazes on me while they march over corpses they don't even notice... I made myself a pawn willingly to live my life to the fullest... Tell me mister president... How long before snow melts?"

Both of them aware how useless any reinforcements would be since Bera locked the door, they would need to break it down before getting in, both knew they were called for any way.

"She is a pretty girl Miss Helfir, it would be of use to the Capitol."

"You lay a finger on her and I'll paint the flawless snow white image of yours red with your sick brains."

The pounding on the door didn't bother either of them.

"I will make sure this child has a life, you will not get her... You have no idea what you have done."

"I think our discussion has come to an end." He said, the door cracking under the strain of whatever was ramming it down.

"It's not over until the mockingjay sing." She tilted her head to the side, having heard the saying from Haymitch a lot, something about some not finished business and she found it quite fitting.

Snow finally moved, standing to look at her, Bera trailing the gun up and still pointed at his face.

"What? You don't like those birdies?" She grinned. "I found them quite neat, we rarely see them in 8 tho, just on their few weeks of migration... I do wonder... How many of them have you silenced because they keep in mind the tone of your victims."

"Miss Helfir!" He was not yelling but his voice was much firmer.

She heard the door smash.

She pulled the trigger.

Click.

The clip was empty.

Neither of them knew of this before but it seemed their feud would not end today.

She stepped back without breaking eye contract, Snow not having reason to move and the peacekeepers needing a second to realize the president was still alive.

She span the gun around her finger and dropped it, backing up still until the first of the white clothed people grabbed her by slamming their palm in the back of her head, wrenching an arm behind her back and slamming her into a wall.

"This is just the beginning." She hissed between her gritted teeth and from the pain. "You are nourishing a future fire under you. One of these days someone will come and burn you to the ground and all you'll be able to do is watch."

"Please escort her out and get someone to clean up the halls." Snow dusted himself off as if he had gotten dirty. "Miss Helfir might have had too much to drink."

She scoffed, not fighting the human restraints.

Once alone in the room with the broken door, he slowly walked around the desk and reached down for the gun.

He had been a peacekeeper for a time in his youth, he still remembered how to use such weapons before they switched to training those of 2 to be their peacekeepers.

She grabbed the top of the gun and pulled it back, seeing the bullet in the chamber.

A singular bullet jamming in the gun doomed Panem continued suffering.