Tribute Center

Katniss and Peeta had actually shown up so late in the morning everyone was already there.

The fact is that the careers were easily dismissing holograms with glares aimed at them.

The fact that the one they knew as Johanna was swinging her axe their way with a grin.

The fact that one was missing an eye and still throwing around two of the trainers in close combat.

It scared them, so much, knowing they wouldn't have the same chance as in their first games.

Bera slammed down a trainer, a hand in their chest while ducking the slash of a training wooden sword of the other one, kicking their legs out from beneath them and throwing out her second leg when the other one was secured, ramming her foot in the side of their head, probably dazing them despite the head protection.

She stood up, panting a bit, having been at it for a while now, grinning to herself at the last arrivals.

Wiping her face down, she stepped out of the ring and away.

"What did you do for them to look at you like that?" She asked Johanna, aware some victors were messing with the newbies but the look Katniss gave Johanna, priceless.

"I just asked Peeta to help my pull the zipped down on my dress so I could take it off."

"Oh you." She slapped her in the back before sighing. "Sorry for the situation." As jealous as she was for Johanna to her instantly gotten Cashmere's interest while she struggled with Enobaria, she still was sorry since both of them were here.

"Yeah, it's fine, Snow is the one to blame here." She said, anger simmering deep inside, none of the victors wanted to be here, not even the volunteers.

There was some new tensions too.

The careers of 1 and 2 were talking to each other only and to the other victors only to be polite and if spoken too, it seemed like the pack had reformed.

Bera had took it hard, having wanted to talk with Enobaria but Brutus had put a hand on her shoulder and walked them both away from her.

It felt like a betrayal but at the same time she couldn't truly blame her, this was a fight to survive, only Bera had promised herself to not kill Enobaria, everyone else was fighting for themselves... Maybe not lovesick bread boy but everyone else.

And so she had not tried at all since this morning, that being three hours ago, she had decided to ignore her aching heart, it would stop beating soon enough if she doesn't pay attention.

But she still was angry on the inside, how dare he? How dare she?

Loving hurts more then it is worth it at times and yet still, Bera would hold on.

-------------------------------------

"I mean yeah but no thanks." She didn't know how but she had ended up at the edible insect stand with the morphlings who were amusing themselves by trying to convince Bera to eat one while Peeta stood nearby awkwardly but smiling along, glad they were not as scary as he thought.

And yet Bera's thoughts were elsewhere, getting her a bug shoved in her mouth by the laughing people.

------------------------------------------

Katniss was scary with a bow but so was Bera with a spear.

And Katniss was acquainted with such a fear early.

Having missed a last hologram behind her, too close to shot by now, before a spear flew through the air to impale it, inches from her face.

The look on the female victor from 8 was the same as the day she had completely messed up her shot while training for the 74th, the same look as the day she almost accidentally shot a mentor, a look of 'just wait,more is coming' aimed right at her.

This felt like a revenge, almost having ones head lobbed off by a weapon while training for the hunger games.

And that grin, that grin scared Katniss and all those watching as they knew this victor was ready to fight.

-----------------------------------

"I'll do what I can." Bera said. "But I can promise nothing."

Haymitch still smiled at that.

"That's all I'll ask, Finnick will keep a close eye on her, I just ask you to protect her if you meet."

"If this can put and end to this all, anything."

"You're a good kid, a bit insane but a good on." He roughly pat her on the back of the neck, making her groan and rub it.

"Careful old man."

"You too kid, we'll get you out of there so hold on until then."

"Yeah, alright."