-Rain-

Bera sighed, happy this was all over.

8 felt dull, tho.

She did hate finding herself missing the excitement of the days in the run-down city of death. 

All was so grey despite being the textile fabric, the people dull and morose. 

Before the games, the Capitol, it all seemed normal before but now it was annoying.

Sure she promised herself she'd love her life but no one can truly love it.

There is always pieces hated no matter how much anyone tries.

She never knew him before the games.

She never learnt more about him then he said.

It was only after the end that she learnt about his father, his mother, his sister.

She didn't know his favorite dish, his favorite color, his favorite time of the day.

All she knew was that he was James Lance, male tribute of the 66th, he had parents and a sister, that he worked in a factory like she had, that he was with her in the games and that he was killed without a chance to defend himself.

He left a bigger hole then he ever should have, along with every single of the other 23.

Maybe that's why she is standing under the pouring rain and in the graveyard, knowing his parents wouldn't be here in such a weather and wouldn't have to deal with looking at her.

Bera's mind wandered, how long was he scared before he died? Was the pain only momentary?... She didn't believe in this but she just hoped, begged, that her being there was at least a little comfort in his final moments.

She sighed.

People disliked her before, the odd anti-social kid that's of blood with the peacekeepers. The angry girl that was rude and stole from them.

And yet he was there.

He was her friend.

He must have known off her and still was her friend.

Her only friend... Her last friend.

Bera was pitiful and thanked the weather for making sure she was alone.

"I wished to win." She muttered. "But you'd have deserved this more then me." She said, a common thought of hers. "You were caring in the face of death, I could never."

A heavy sigh, happy that the rain was heavy and thick instead of snow, drowning it all out.

"No one would have missed me, you are missed by even me... I'm sorry James, if I acted before, you could have lived if only for a little longer."

A headache was threatening her but she didn't care.

"I wish I could promise you I'd protect her but I can't do anything." Keenly aware that the world turned, that days passed, the seasons would come and go and soon enough the reaping would once again be on them.

"I wish I could."

(I know short chapter.)