Life Picks Up

After being attacked not because of being believed to be a mutt but because she dared to stab her, Bera's head was ringing... How hard can one starved woman throw things?! Did Snow give her weights to life or what?!

In other bad news, Bread almost strangled Potato to death until the mad man saw Bera and just dashed her, tackling her against a wall full force, but unlike Potato, Bera is not a wimp! Grabbing him by the waist band and throwing him off enough to dirve her foot in his chest, how many children will she need to kick?!

It had taken Boggs tackling him in return to stop the rampage and it had taken Bera to hold the nice little, and last intact, pot Enobaria held before she could hurl it at Bread for doing that.

Hectic... That's what Bera's life was.

With Enobaria and the others here... It... Was getting cramped.

This rusty ass Coin woman had given her darling little Mockingjay and her family a single room... Bera was sharing with Cashmere, Enobaria, Cecelia and Gloss... Which was a sight.

Gloss was indeed alive but his face was just a desert of bandages, all white cloth with one eye peaking out and eating through a straw, but other than that he seemed in even better shape then the woman... Yes, that included Cecelia.

Cecelia was just, teeeaaaaars, and had been since 8 was nuked off the map so not a surprise.

Cashmere is the most beat up so that meant Johanna to was in this cramped room most of the time, those two way too close to each other, get your own room!

Enobaria was more difficult.

In the little time they had been back, while 1 suffered physically, 2 got that mental torment.

Bera did wake up with Enobaria looking on in wonder if she should choke her out with her hand on her throat already. Something about making sure she is not a fake one once again.

Or how she always needed a hand on her folded spear to be ready to deploy it in case Enobaria just went bad shit crazy and she needed to have it to protect herself.

But no matter how much.

"I don't want to talk about it."

That was always the response or something along those lines for any of the rescued victors.

"You'll need too one of these days." Bera said, like always, leaning on something shorter then herself, currently that was the top of an empty bookshelf in the shared room, for once only the two of them.

"One of these days, in years, I don't care I don't want to talk."

"It does help if you do, instead of trying to hide under a blanket. I am not some story monster that can't just rip the blanket off."

"You don't realize it, it is so real, this is real, how do I know it is real?"

Bera sighed.

"Have I ever lied to you?" She asked... And thought about it, had she ever lied to her? Wow her memory is fucked up.

"You might."

"Enobaria damn... You know, I can't expect much. I don't trust nor like the people here, they plaster my face around and use my likeness for their own gains just like snow did. I am the key to him and I needed to wait for Katniss to want to go out to ever be let out and to see 8 despite the news of the continuous bombing going down."

She sighed once again.

"You know only four, technically three, of us are left... They took everyone, there is no district 8, there is no mayor, there is no Lancer grave, there is no victors' village, there is no Valerius." She sat on the side of the bed, making it dip. "All I have left is the other victors and even you can't understand it. Not even Potato... Close to a thousand of 12 lived, evacuated by Coin, she left my people in the dust... Potato asked for the victors to be saved so I guess thank her... But I don't care how much you insist on trying to be alone woman." Looking over her shoulder, at the blanket. "I will not let another someone I care about slip through my fingers, I lost too much already, I will not let you lose yourself for me."

She still stood up and left, letting her be alone for now.

"I've been alone in my life for long enough for me to sit back and let it happen over and over again."

--------------------------------

Spinning the spear, stabbing it through the target with a throw, nothing better to do.

It is not like she knew how to not blow up in anger, it is not like she had gotten the nice socialization all kids should have, she had gotten a spear tho, one made of a broom but a spear.

Bera pulled the spear out, with a half slash, slashing it through the side of the target and used it as a lever, twisting, the target breaking in two.

Hmm? Oh, a surprise.

"Look at who's decided to come out." Leaning on the spear like a cane.

"Hush there, even butterflies wrap up before coming out."

"That caterpillars Enobaria."

"You know what I meant." A jerk of the eyebrow, unlike what Bera thought, she went even shorter then she thought she would, boyish short hair... Cute.

"Yeah yeah, wanna try?" She offered her her spear. "Targets are solid." Even if she broke one.

A sort of olive branch to put an end to hostilities created out of frustration neither spoke about... A really pointy and made from metal olive branch.

"Sure, I gotta show you how it is done in 2 after all."

"I beat your ass in the arena and you had a squad, you should learn from me."

"I got distracted."

"Sure keep telling yourself that."