33

-How nice it is to live with your in-laws.- Tzuyu commented ironically.

-Shut up, they're not even yours.- Nayeon whispered to her. -And what are you doing here? Today we said you would be home.

Tzuyu nodded. -I know, I know. Family day today. But I'm family, right?- Nayeon rolled her eyes. -Here... Sana and I went to a place yesterday and we are considering a decision.

-What?

-Well... About... Adoption.

-To adopt? A child?

-A five year old Mexican girl. But... You know... We are two women. This complicates the process.

-Right...

-But I have documented myself and we can adopt her through another country. We would just have to temporarily entrust her to another institute, for example in the United States. It will be a longer process but it will be worth it. Now... I want to know what you think. Do you see me as a mother?

Nayeon smiled. -Even though you were the one who taught that word to my daughter, yes, I think I would see you as a mother. And Sana is destined to be a mother. You would make her so happy. But I want to know if you are doing it just for her or you want it too.

Tzuyu shrugged. -You know that at first I was wary of these things, but then I thought about it and when I saw the little girl... I looked at her, Nay. I can't leave her there. She must have suffered a lot. Sana does nothing but think about it and today we will go to visit her again.

-Then, if you are convinced, talk to Sana as soon as possible. These legal processes are very long, especially considering that you want to pass through another country.

-I think they won't give her to us for a year.

-Have faith, Tzu.

-Nayeon! Honey! Where's the sugar?

Nayeon rolled her eyes. It's not that she couldn't tolerate her in-laws, she couldn't tolerate her mother-in-law, it was different.

-It's in the cupboard, in the upstairs cabinet.

-Why don't you come and give me a hand instead of staying on the couch?

-Tzu...

-I'm sorry, Sana is waiting for me. And then she's your mother-in-law. Luckily she's not mine.

Nayeon went to her room, where she found Jeongyeon with Chaeyoung.

-Look Jeongyeon, I chose to live with you, not with your mother. She chose to prepare a cake, why should I help her? I just took vacation.

-Darling... My mother... She's like that.

Nayeon snorted. -Okay, but you come with me. I don't want to be alone with her.

Jeongyeon huffed, apparently she didn't want to spend time with the woman either. They went to the guest room and Chaeyoung stayed with her grandfather.

-You've finally arrived! Jeong, you're here too. So, clean the table a little.

-I hate that someone rules my house.- Nayeon whispered to Jeongyeon.

-I know, relax, I'll talk to her later.

-Nayeon, am I wrong or have you gained weight?

The girl threw the cloth she had just picked up on the ground.

-Yes, ma'am, I've gained weight.

-What ways... Mina has never behaved like this.

-Mina?- Nayeon asked looking at Jeongyeon. -They met?

-You forget that I've known Mina all my life.

-And she has always been kind to me.

-Of course, because she doesn't have you as a mother-in-law.

Mrs. Yoo frowned at her. -How dare you? You know what? I was against your dating.

-Don't tell me. I didn't understand it.

-It's a shame that you have a daughter together, otherwise I would have made Jeongyeon leave you.

-But you can still do it. What's stopping you? Maybe Mina is best for her.

-Mom...- Jeongyeon put her arms around her partner's body. -Please don't mention Mina, I never liked her. I like Nayeon, my partner and mother of my daughter.

-I don't know what you like about this unpolite girl.

-Mom, you're not behaving well either.

-You know I never liked her. Lesbian daughter I can accept it but with this one?

-I have to live with her, not you.

-That's better.

Nayeon, meanwhile, had tears in her eyes. -And Jeongyeon who wanted to surprise you by telling you at Christmas that we're back together... It's probably a nightmare for you.

-Exactly.

-Good.- She freed herself from Jeongyeon's arms. -Then it will be even worse to find out that I'm pregnant, that I'm about to have another child with your daughter, that isn't Mina the mother of your grandchildren!

And with that she began to run away. She needed to go away from that house. Surely her mother would have welcomed her with open arms.

Jeongyeon remained mobile for a few seconds.

-What did you do!?- she shouted at her mother. -You yourself have always said that you shouldn't yell at a pregnant woman.

-I didn't know she w-

-I don't care! I love her and no one else. If you don't accept it, go back to France or where you came from.

The girl turned and ran into the living room, where she saw Nayeon on the edge of the front door. She hugged her from behind and heard the other sobbing. How bad that noise was.

-It is true?

-I am sorry.

-Why are you sorry? It's the best thing that could have happened to us. You are the best thing that could have happened to me. And now... You will also give me another child.

-But your mother doesn't like me. She would have preferred Mina and she's right: Mina is kind, young, she comes from a wealthy family...

-I don't care where she comes from, I care where you go. Where are you going?

-I need to talk to my parents.

-But will you come back?

-My daughter is here after all.

-Why didn't you tell me you're pregnant?

-I wanted it to be a Christmas present but... Apparently it isn't.

-For me it is. For me, anything that includes you is the best gift in the world.

She kissed her head and let her go. Nayeon left the house and Jeongyeon returned to the kitchen.

-It is true? Is she pregnant?

-She is.

-And who is the father?

-Mom...

-I'm convinced it's that Minhyuk. And how can you blame her?

-She told me there was nothing between them and I believe her.

-Seriously?- asked the lady raising an eyebrow.