12

Chaeyoung began to cry in the wheelchair. -Don't tell me she wants to eat again.- Nayeon said exhaustedly.

-It's all her mother.- Jeongyeon said proudly.

-Why don't you drink from the bottle like girls your age and let mommy rest?- asked Nayeon. -You're six months old now!

Jeongyeon laughed, picking up the little girl and taking out from her bag the bottle they had prepared before going out. -Come on, Chae, why don't you drink from the bottle today?- she asked, bringing it closer to her but the little girl pushed it away with her little hands. The two found the scene amusing. Jeongyeon tried again but in vain. -No way. Of course you are selfish, sometimes leave your mother to me too.

Nayeon picked up Chaeyoung and, covering herself with a cloth, began to breastfeed her. -She's spoiled.

-You spoiled her.

-Me? Nah, it must have been Sana, Tzuyu and Momo.

-I can't blame you.- Jeongyeon said nodding. -But you're spoiled too.

-Me!? Tsk.

-Yes. Every time you ask your parents for something, they give it to you and the same goes for me.

-You are the ones who are kind because you can't resist how adorable I am.

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, but she was completely right, she just couldn't resist her. -So it's our fault? Then we won't give you anything anymore.

-Well, too bad for you.

-Does Lee know you went out with me?

-Are you asking me because you feel sorry for him or because you want him to know?

-So... No double purpose, really.

-No, he doesn't know.

-Oh... Are you going to accept his dinner invitation for another day?

Nayeon looked at Chaeyoung. -I don't know.

-If you ever do it, could you tell me?

-Yes, it's normal for you to know, you are the mother of my daughter.

-And... Your... Partner.- She lowered her tone of voice with each word.

-Chae got enough air and she even ate. Aren't you hungry?- asked the thirty-five year old, changing the subject.

-Partially yes. What would you like to eat?

-I don't know, you decide, surprise me.

Jeongyeon seemed to think about it. -There's a restaurant nearby, we used to go there often.

-Then let's go.- she said, fixing her shirt while Jeongyeon put Chaeyoung in the pram.

They began to walk, leaving the park, always accompanied by a pleasant silence. Each immersed in their own thoughts, both chaotic and confused. The restaurant was three minutes from the park, so they arrived quickly. It was a typical Korean cuisine restaurant. If there was one thing Nayeon hadn't forgotten, it was her favorite foods. They ordered and stood in silence until the food arrived.

-Are you working on any causes lately?- Nayeon asked trying to make conversation.

-Yes, there are many documents to check, even several times. Luckily there is Mina.

-Who is Mina?

-My secretary. How many times did she point out my typos too.. She's my salvation.

-I'm happy there is someone to help you. Have we ever thought about the possibility of me becoming your secretary?

-Yes, we discussed it for a long time, but then we realized that it would be better not to mix private life and business.

-Right... And how did you react when I started working for Minhyuk?

-You already worked for him, even if you didn't when you broke up. I couldn't forbid it but I wasn't thrilled. Luckily at the time you only had eyes for me.

That sentence particularly struck Nayeon's heart and she suddenly felt sad.

-Mina was already working for you when we met?

-Yes, we've known each other our whole lives. You never liked her, though, which is why I haven't introduced her to you yet.

-Oh...Why didn't I like her?

-I have no idea. Mina is a great girl but you just didn't like her.

-I'm curious to meet her, maybe I'll change my mind now.

-You can come and visit me at work if you like. It was something you used to do often.

-I could, of course. The kimchi fried rice is good.

-Oh yes, this is one of the best restaurants, and also one of our favorites.

-Definitely the best I've ever tasted.

-Sometimes it's also the people who make places special.- Jeongyeon said, and then immediately lowered her gaze and looked at her plate the entire time.

The conversation stopped there, but at least they had made a big step in getting to know each other a little better. When they finished, Jeongyeon paid the bill and they then went home. Chaeyoung ate one more time and was then put to sleep. Nayeon locked herself in the bathroom for a hot shower, then Jeongyeon did the same. It was now half past nine and they both had to work the next day, so they went straight to sleep. Jeongyeon lay down next to the other a little hesitantly, but the thirty-five year old didn't seem to care. They both closed their eyes and abandoned themselves in Morpheus' arms. One in the hope of getting to know the other better and the other in the hope of being able to experience other days like that. Everything was evolving positively for Jeongyeon, but would it be the same for Nayeon?