21

Jieun asked the waiter to bring the cake to avoid any fights that might ruin her granddaughter's party. They sang the song for her and then Nayeon took Chaeyoung's hand to cut the cake; Jeongyeon placed hers on Nayeon's and together they cut the first slice. After that they spent another ten minutes talking, then Jieun and Namjoon left. While Jeongyeon was saying goodbye to Momo and Dahyun, Minhyuk took the opportunity to approach Nayeon.

-Nayeon, I'm really sorry I don't have a gift.

-Don't worry, I told you late.

-Tell me what I can do for her.

-Nothing, really.

Jeongyeon overheard the conversation and frowned. She stood next to Nayeon and wrapped her arms around her waist. -You're kind but we don't need anything.

Nayeon was about to take her hand away, but when she saw Mina's face, she decided not to do anything.

-Jeongyeon, it's just a gift from Uncle Minhyuk. - the boy told her.

-Why don't you disappear and give everyone a present?

Nayeon turned to her and removed her arm from her waist. -Jeongyeon!

-Okay, I think it's best for everyone's sake that we all go home.- the Latina intervened.

Mina stepped forward with a furrowed brow. -Why do you scold Jeongyeon when it is clearly your partner who made a mistake?

Nayeon took on an even more sour expression. -Why don't you mind your own business? It's none of your business.

-You can't treat Jeongyeon like that. She has every right to answer him like that. You were wrong to invite him.

-Ah... Look who's going to tell me. Jeongyeon was wrong to invite you.

-Tsk. And why? Let's hear? Until proven otherwise Jeongyeon and I are nothing. You, on the other hand, are also dating the young gentleman here.

-Minhyuk.- the boy said.

-Sana, you take the crazy sclerotic girl, I'll take care of Mina.- Tzuyu whispered to her girlfriend.

Sana slowly approached Nayeon. -Nay, let's  go and talk about it calmly outside, shall we?

-Let me go!- Mina shouted while Tzuyu held her arms behind her back.

-You're making a scene.- Tzuyu told her. She then looked around. -Everything's fine, we're leaving.- she said to the restaurant customers. -Jeongyeon, start putting presents in the car, Nayeon will be here soon.

-I'll take the trouble away. See you Nay.- Minhyuk said giving her a smile.

Jeongyeon sighed and then looked at the things to put down in the car. Nayeon, meanwhile, went out with Sana.

-If Mina dares to speak just once, I swear-

-That woman is jealous of you, you know it.- Sana told her.

-Huh? Is she jealous of me? And why on earth? She has everything.

-Not everything, you have Jeongyeon, or at least... You did. Jeongyeon didn't make the best move in inviting her but believe me, she did it in good faith. But you... You really provoked her.

-She invites Mina, I invite Minhyuk.

-There is a difference between Mina and Minhyuk: you and him are dating, Jeongyeon has never thought about any woman other than you, not even Mina.

Nayeon didn't respond to that. -Get the car keys from Jeongyeon. Chaeyoung has to sleep.- she said, holding the little girl closer to her.

Sana came back and asked Jeongyeon for the keys, who immediately gave them to her. The Japanese woman opened the car for Nayeon, who sat in the passenger seat and waited for Jeongyeon and Tzuyu to finish placing the gifts in the car.

-Then we're going.- the Latina said, squeezing her girlfriend's waist.

-Bye.- Nayeon greeted her coldly.

-Bye and thanks again.- Jeongyeon told them.

Jeongyeon got into the car and started driving home, when her phone, which was in the navigator's seat, started ringing. Mina's contact appeared on the screen.

-Come on, answer.- Nayeon told her.

-She must have forgotten something.- said the other, responding hesitantly. -Hi.

-Jeong... When you get rid of your old wife, can you reach me?

Jeongyeon's eyes widened. -Mina, what are you saying?

-Nayeon comes back from a business trip and you already forget? After Chaeyoung's party you would take them home and come to me.

Nayeon listened to everything in silence, wanting to see how it all ended.

-Mina, please stop making things up.

-Do you play with my feelings as well as Nayeon's?- she asked with a broken voice.

-I don't know what you're doing but Nayeon is listening to everything and the situation is already difficult, don't get involved too. Have you had anything to drink?

-I'm here with Minhyuk, we stopped at a club. I thought you were coming to get me but I was wrong.

-So in addition to Jeongyeon you also want to take Minhyuk?- Nayeon shouted.

-Why do you care so much about him!?- Jeongyeon shouted furiously.

-Why don't you go to Mina instead of wasting time here?

-Exactly, why don't you come here?

Jeongyeon ended the call. -She was with Minhyuk, it's clear that they organized everything.

-Minhyuk would never be able to do that.

-Oh no, poor saint. So do you think I would be capable of telling Mina to meet up when I'm trying desperately to win you back?

-You're an idiot.

At that moment the car stopped. Jeongyeon got out and violently opened the door for Nayeon. -Get off. We've arrived.- Nayeon gave her a dirty look and got out. Jeongyeon opened the door of the house and began to place all the presents inside it, while the other was changing Chaeyoung's diaper, and then putting her in the crib. She went to the kitchen to drink and saw Jeongyeon bringing in another package. Next to her car, suddenly, another one stopped, Minhyuk's. From there Mina got out, greeted the boy and began to walk inside, finding the door open.

-What are you doing here?- Nayeon asked in disbelief.

-I want to resolve this issue once and for all.

-Mina?- Jeongyeon asked, who hadn't noticed her presence as she locked the car.

I'm sorry if I can't update but it's a particular period and I don't have the will or desire to do anything
thank you for continuing to patiently wait for the updates <3