14

Another week passed peacefully and Nayeon and Jeongyeon began to get to know each other better; more than anything, Nayeon got to know Jeongyeon better. The girl told her about her interests, such as cooking, about her family, how her parents, who lived in Korea, adored her, and about her sister Jihyo, who was a great friend of hers. For some strange reason Nayeon remembered Jihyo and that made Jeongyeon feel hope.

-Oi Nay.- Tzuyu had just called her friend. -I have to stop by Jeongyeon, wouldn't you come with me?

-Tzu, I'm working. And what should you do?

-Sana forgot her keys at her office when she went to bring her papers for her case this morning.

-Case?

-Sana was unfairly fired. She is appealing. However I don't know how to get into the house.

-Your keys?

-I forgot them.

-What would happen if you forgot both?

-We would sleep under the stars. So, will you come with me?

-I don't know... I should ask.

-Move. I'll pass by your office in five minutes.- With that she closed the call.

Nayeon put her phone in her bag and knocked on Minhyuk's office door. -Come in.

The girl opened the door. -Minhyuk... Tzuyu called me and... Since there isn't much to do today I was wondering if I could take an hour...

-Mh... Okay. In fact, take the rest of the day off. See you tomorrow.

-Really?- the girl asked surprised.

-Anything for you.- she said, continuing to look at her computer.

Nayeon smiled. -Thank you.

-Oh... Would you like to go out next week? I understand if you tell me no.

-I don't know... I have to think about it. I should talk to Jeongyeon about it first.

Minhyuk nodded. -Just... Do what you feel like.

-Of course. So... Thanks for the day. See you tomorrow.

-See you tomorrow.

The girl left the office confused as always. She went downstairs and found Tzuyu already waiting for her. She told her about Minhyuk's proposal and her friend didn't agree at all, but told her that she should be the one to decide.

-I know.- Nayeon said biting her lower lip as they entered Jeongyeon's office building. -Good morning.

-Good morning ladies.

Tzuyu and Nayeon entered the elevator and, upon arriving, waited for Mina to open. Short skirt, fishnet stockings and a tight blouse.

-Nice outfit.- commented Tzuyu, who didn't mince her words.

-Good morning Tzuyu, why are you here?

-I came to get my girlfriend's keys.- she said passing her, being followed immediately by Nayeon.

-Hi Nayeon. Jeongyeon is busy, she can't see you.

The older one frowned at her. -I just came to accompany Tzuyu and you don't decide when I can see Jeongyeon.

She followed Tzuyu and they stopped in front of Jeongyeon's door.

-You have to wait until she finishes with the lady.- Mina insisted.

Tzuyu sighed. -She told me to hurry. Maybe if we tell her about Minhyuk's proposal she'll hurry up and kick the lady out.- she whispered to Nayeon.

-Tzuyu...

-Does your ex make proposals to you?- Mina asked, looking at the two.

-Nothing that interests you.

-No, in fact. Your ex's proposal affects you and him, just as what happens here affects me and Jeongyeon.

-Why? What's going on here?- Tzuyu asked, raising her tone a little.

-Nothing, for now. But who knows what will happen when her beloved partner leaves her for someone else.

Nayeon lose to someone else? Among other things, a younger, sexier one who was suddenly making her feel insecure? Never. The girl suddenly felt in competition with the young secretary.

They waited about twenty minutes, then the lady left and Jeongyeon gave a big smile to her-technically-girlfriend when she noticed her presence.

-Why are you here?

-Minhyuk gave me half a day.

-No one ever gives something in return for free. What did you do to convince him?- Mina asked entering the office, while the other two were at the door.

-Nothing...

-The keys, Tzuyu.- Mina said coming out with the bunch in her hand.

-Thank you.- she said, gritting her teeth, snatching them from her hand.

-Jeongyeon, can I talk to you for a moment?

-Sure, come.

The two locked themselves inside, while Tzuyu remained outside with Mina. The two looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

-As for Minhyuk... He asked me out next week.

-Oh... Okay... Yes... When?

-I don't know. I told him I would let him know. I wanted to talk to you about it, it seemed right to me.

-No, it's okay. I mean... It's not okay but we're nothing now, even if we were. Go out and... Have fun, but not too much.

-Sure?

-Yes. I'm confident... In the end you will come back to me.

Nayeon didn't know if it would be like this or not, physically she was much more attracted to Minhyuk. Personally, however, she still couldn't understand it.

-Then I tell him yes.

Jeongyeon sighed. -Yes.

-Good... I'm going home. We will see each other later?

-Yes.

Nayeon walked out of the office and Tzuyu followed her. They didn't even say goodbye to Mina. The secretary entered Jeongyeon's room and observed her.

-What's wrong?

-She goes out with Minhyuk. Initially I didn't want to but Momo also advised me to leave her free. At the end of the day, she needs to be able to decide who she wants to be with.

-Oh Jeong... You are suffering so much for someone who doesn't deserve you.

-She deserves me. Give her some time.

-How much more time do you want to give her?

-Until she tells me that it's definitely over between us and she screams at me to disappear from her life. Until then I will always be present.

Mina sighed. Maybe she would have waited for Jeongyeon too or maybe she would have acted first. Maybe she would have given her boss a greater incentive to permanently leave her partner who didn't remember loving her.

I'm late but
have you heard the remix album anyway? the English versionsss
and how long I waited for the English version of cry for me also on spotify
meanwhile I'm making a Spanish version of alcohol free and it would be wonderful if I knew how to use AI to adapt it to twice's voices but I don't know how to do it