15

The next day Nayeon went to work as usual. She had thought a lot during the night about what to do with Minhyuk and had finally made a decision. She entered the building at eight as usual. At that time there weren't many people, it often happened that Minhyuk arrived at six and the others around nine. The girl walked towards Minhyuk's office and took a deep breath. She knocked and entered without even waiting to receive permission; the man had told her to do so.

-Oh Nayeon, come. Today I received some emails and I need a hand.

-Oh, yes.- She looked a little disappointed. -What should I start with?

-Try to help me schedule these appointments.

Nayeon sat across from the boy and looked at the emails on his computer. She intended to talk to him about dinner but work first. She marked the various appointments in the diary and then tried to organize them also in relation to the existing ones. It took her about two hours because with every change something went wrong.

-I think I did it.

-A thousand thanks. And... For that fact? You know, I don't want to insist but... I also don't want you to think that I'm not interested.

That's exactly what Nayeon was thinking. -Yes... I've thought about it and I think we should give it a chance.

Minhyuk smiled. -Perfect. How about Tuesday night?

Nayeon seemed to think about it but she didn't feel like she had anything to do. -Okay, I'll leave some extra milk for Jeongyeon, hoping Chae will drink it.

-She don't like bottle milk?

-No, not really.

-Maybe she doesn't like who gives it to her.

Nayeon frowned. -She doesn't like it from anyone, even from me. I don't like you talking like that about my daughter's mother.

-Sorry, I just wanted to make a joke. Sooner or later she will have to learn to drink from a bottle.

-She is still little.

-Yes, right. She is... Six months?

-Yes.

-Well... I can't blame her. I too would refuse the bottle if the other option was to drink from...

Nayeon frowned. Jeongyeon had never allowed herself to make a sexual joke, even though they had been together until the day before the coma. She decided to just ignore him, in the hope that he wouldn't do anything else.

***

-How much do babysitters get on average?- Tzuyu asked Momo.

-I don't know... Fifteen? Twenty?

-How much is twenty times six times six?

-Mh... Seven thousand two hundred?

-Nayeon and Jeongyeon owe us seven thousand two hundred dollars.

-Ah... Did you hear?

-What?

-Nayeon and Minhyuk will go out together.

-Yes, I know.- Tzuyu sighed. -We can't stop her.

-No, I myself told Jeong to let her go.

-Let's hope only the best for both of us.

-What she finds in Minhyuk I will never understand.

-Imagine that I've had to deal with him since they were together.

***

Nayeon walked out of the building where she worked and closed her bag after texting Tzuyu that she was coming back. She saw a car pull up next to her and someone wave to her. She walked closer and saw Jeongyeon inside.

-What are you doing here?

-I came to get you.- Jeongyeon told her.

Nayeon opened the door and sat next to the taller one, who immediately left towards their house. -Minhyuk and I are going out on Tuesday.

-Well. Where will you go?

-I don't know yet.

-Tzuyu wrote to me, she says that we owe her eight thousand euros for all the times she babysat. She doesn't give discounts.

Nayeon giggled. -Tell her that the favors will be returned when she has a child.

-Oh I told her. She says she would never entrust her child to us.

-But look at that... Well, then tell her that the next time we have a child she can forget about seeing him.

Jeongyeon remained silent for a few seconds to process what he had just heard. -The next time-

Nayeon only realized then. -Oh... I'm sorry... I...

-No, it's okay.- Jeongyeon told her calmly. She knew that Nayeon had no intention of deceiving her and preferred her honesty to lies that would lead to her suffering if she found out that Nayeon preferred Minhyuk to her.

They remained silent until home, where Tzuyu left a piece of paper with the Iban written on it. It was obviously all a joke, it was the Latina's way of doing humor. The Japanese woman had managed to put to sleep Chaeyoung, who was in her arms. Nayeon took her gently and went silently to her room, placing the baby in her crib. She returned to the living room, where she stopped to talk for five minutes with the other three. Tzuyu and Momo then said goodbye to them and Nayeon and Jeongyeon sat on the sofa to get some rest.

-Always the same tiring case?

-Yes.

-I had to organize quite a few commitments today. Some people make absurd proposals.

-Like?

-An appointment on Sunday or Friday at nine in the evening.

-People who don't have families, I guess.

-And not even a minimum of education and respect.

-I really like how you organize, you remind me of Mina.

Comparing Nayeon to Mina? Oh, Jeongyeon shouldn't have done that.

-Do we have anything else in common?- she asked irritably, but hiding her true state of mind with a curious tone.

-You are both great supporters and know how to solve problems easily.

-Tzuyu says we look a bit alike physically.- she lied to see the other's response. If she had agreed she would have let her sleep on the couch.

-She says so? I don't think. You are so different.

She wrinkled her nose. -Different how? In the sense that I'm prettier, in the sense that she's younger or...

-Different types... You two seem to be the same age and I'm not lying. You look like a teenager, really. And then you have Korean features, she has Japanese ones. And you're both pretty, but in different ways. I can't explain it. I think she has moles.- The Japanese girl's moles were probably the most obvious thing about her, but Jeongyeon didn't even remember them because she only had one girl in her thoughts. -You definitely have one under your eyebrow and one on your nose.

Nayeon didn't remember that detail about herself either; not because she had lost her memory, but because it wasn't something she noticed.