25

Nayeon suddenly felt stupid for picking up Jeongyeon without even having a car. She arrived in front of the building and wondered whether she should go up or stay there. Remembering Mina's existence she opted for the former. She bid hello to the doorman and took the elevator, finding it difficult to enter with the pram. Once she arrived, she knocked and waited to see an unwelcome face. The reaction of the two girls when they saw each other was the same.

-Hi, Nayeon.

-Hello Mina.- the other replied as she entered with the pram.

Mina closed the door while Nayeon walked towards Jeongyeon's office. She knocked and waited. -What is it, Mina? I am busy.

The girl felt a certain annoyance at being called that.

-I'm Nayeon.

-Nayeon? Come in.

The Japanese woman frowned. She hadn't let her in all day. Nayeon entered the office and closed the door.

-She missed you.- she explained, bringing the pram closer to the desk.

-Her or you? -the girl asked, picking up her daughter. -Kidding.

Nayeon smiled and sat down across from her. -I thought you would finish soon.

-I thought so too... But the lady sent me some pdfs. Shall we try giving her baby food again after?

-Yes but... I'll give it to her.

Jeongyeon smiled awkwardly. -Yes, maybe it's better.

Mina listened to the conversation behind the door and hated the picture of the happy family that had emerged.

-So... Am I going home alone?

Jeongyeon looked at the time on the computer. -Such a young and attractive woman alone on the street at eight in the evening? I can't let you go.

-Are there times you stay here late?

-Sometimes I don't even realize it but it's eleven o'clock.

-And you stay here alone?

-Do you want to know if I'm staying with Mina? She goes home at half past eight. I remain alone.

-Can't you save everything on a flash drive and continue at home?

-Yes, in fact I will do this now.- she said putting Chaeyoung back in the pram. The girl copied some documents, then she turned off the computer, got up and started walking outside. -Mina, I'm going. You close?

-Yes. Bye Jeong.

-Bye.

She hadn't even asked her if she needed a ride, that's what Mina thought as she looked at her boss go out with her ex or current girlfriend, she hadn't understood it. They drove home, then Nayeon tried to get Chaeyoung to eat baby food, managing to give her three teaspoons, then her little girl demanded milk. She put her in the crib with a bottle and a crayon to put her to sleep. Meanwhile, she went to the bathroom, where she washed and put on her pajamas. She tied her hair up, then went into the kitchen and started making soup. She went to the living room, where Jeongyeon was still working.

-Hey, it's almost ready.

-That smells good... What are you doing?

-Leek soup, I suddenly had a strange craving for it.

Jeongyeon stopped analyzing the documents and looked at the girl next to her. She was that beautiful girl with perfect skin, brown hair tied in a sort of bun and glasses that she only used at home and which made her extremely attractive. She also wore glasses and used them mainly when she worked and, from the first time, Nayeon had thought that she was a really beautiful girl.