23

Mina and Jeongyeon pretended as if nothing had happened. The older of the two thought it was all the alcohol's fault, having never seen Mina in that condition, and she preferred not to mention the event so as not to make her uncomfortable. Besides, she only had one thing on her mind: seeing Nayeon.

They only saw each other again that evening at seven.

-Hey, Chae?- Jeongyeon asked as soon as she entered the room.

-My mother wanted to stay with her a little longer. We have some alone time.

Jeongyeon had a few less than graceful thoughts about how to spend the evening, but quickly dismissed them when she remembered that it wasn't the old days anymore.

-Well, we could sort out the games and gifts that-

-Shall we go out?- Nayeon proposed.

The other girl remained almost paralyzed for a few seconds, she didn't expect it. -I ask Momo and you Tzuyu and Sana?

-There's no need to disturb them. It's not like we only argue when we're alone.

-That is... Do you mean just me and... You?

-If you want to.

-Of course I want to! Where do you want to go?

-Where did we meet?

Jeongyeon blushed. -I worked in a bar and you were my customer.

-Let's go there then.

The 33-year-old didn't understand what was happening but she didn't ask any questions. She and Nayeon left the house and headed to the famous bar. It had a somewhat rough style, Nayeon didn't expect that at all.

-Did I frequent this place?

-Yes... With Tzuyu.

-Ah... Wait, aren't you a lawyer? Why did you work here?

The two sat down at a table. -I needed more money to pay for my house. It was a bad time.

-Oh... What do you recommend?

-The strawberry smoothie here is very good.

-Let's hope it stays in the glass this time.- the girl said jokingly. Jeongyeon, however, didn't laugh. She looked at her as if she were looking at a ghost. Nayeon didn't understand what she said wrong. -Did I bother you in any way?

-Can you repeat what you said?

-I said "let's hope it stays in the glass this time". I remember the last time some idiot poured it on me.

Jeongyeon looked seriously into her eyes. -I, I poured it on you.

The girl's eyes widened. -Sorry, I didn't mean to tell you that you're an idiot.

-No, that's not it... Nayeon, you remember our first meeting.

-I remember?- she ​​asked more than confirming it. -So it was at our first meeting that you poured it on me. But... I don't remember you, I only remember the smoothie falling on me.

-Maybe... You're recovering your memory.

Nayeon smiled. -Then we have to celebrate. No?- she asked seeing that Jeongyeon wasn't as excited as her.

-Yes.

-What's wrong?

-No, nothing.

-Come on, you can tell me.

Jeongyeon smiled awkwardly. -It's stupid but... I almost don't want your memory to come back.

The smile faded from Nayeon's face. -Oh no?

-I like the idea that you could fall in love with me for the second time.

Nayeon smiled again and held her hand that was on the table. -I don't think I'll be able to fully recover my memory. If yes, it will be a gradual and slow process. And if my memory returns, I will certainly not forget everything that happened after the coma, I will simply have more memories.

-Well... After the coma you only have negative memories of me.

-It's not true, many pleasant things happened. And I will never forget these beautiful moments with you. This time for real.

Jeongyeon smiled and squeezed her hand back. -Me neither.

-Good evening, would you like to order?

Nayeon and Jeongyeon broke away and Jeongyeon spoke up, mostly to make the waiter go away. She asked for two strawberry milkshakes, in honor of the memory of their first meeting.

-How exactly did we meet?

-You came with Tzuyu here, it was cold and raining. You were probably sheltering from the rain. When I saw you I thought you were beautiful girls. I came to take orders and you didn't even look at me. Then when I brought you the smoothie... I put it in front of you but, losing the balance of the tray, I made Tzuyu's tray fall on top of you. You got very angry and Tzuyu threw the worst insults at me. I immediately grabbed some tissues but, obviously, the stain didn't come off. I gave you the week's earnings to have it cleaned in the laundry.

-Oh sorry.

-It doesn't matter. At least I got to see you again. You came to my boss' office to ask to fire me.

Nayeon put her hands on her face in shame. -How could you fall in love with me?

-I asked myself that too. I was in disbelief when I heard you arguing with the owner, so I took you out and you argued with me for at least half an hour. After that you didn't show up for a while, until you came back with Tzuyu one evening, I don't know why. Since then you came almost every day and I... I couldn't help but look at you from afar.

-You deserve all the happiness in this world. You are truly a beautiful person, Jeongyeon.

-Your smoothies.- said the waiter, placing them in front of them.

-He was better than me.- Jeongyeon said laughing.

-Thank goodness, last time I got with the person who spilled the smoothie on me, I don't feel like getting with that guy.

-You were taken but I had no idea. That's why I started courting you. But, of course, Minhyuk doesn't know this and he never believed it.

-Is that why I argued with him?

-He said you were seeing me behind his back but it wasn't true, you never cheated on him. Only, one day you left him. And he was furious. When he found out we had gotten together... That's when the court thing began. I don't know if you know this but he sued you for possession of the house.

-Tzuyu mentioned something to me.

-In the end you decided to give up, that war didn't even make sense. Then he calmed down too and you became again close. Obviously... I wasn't thrilled about it, he was still your ex, but I didn't tell you anything.