O1

-Hey Nayeon, didn't you put on three kilos of make-up today as usual?- asked her boss with a mocking look at the workplace.

-Miss Yoo, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't make certain comments about me.

Jeongyeon, the boss, grinned. -Of course, it's clear, I shouldn't, right?

-I warn you, I will have my partner intervene.

-Oh I'm terrified.- Jeongyeon commented. -Who is yourw partner? Huh? And who am I? The CEO of a major company. And who are you? Just a secretary. I could touch you and no one would believe you.

Nayeon was terrified by that statement. -Miss Yoo, please stop.

-Be thankful that I have a meeting now.- said the boss, getting up from her desk.

Nayeon hated that woman. For years she had made her life hell, fortunately there were her partner and her daughter Chaeyoung to make her happy. During lunch break she quickly went down to the restaurant where she would eat with Minhyuk. As soon as she saw him, she smiled widely and rushed into his arms. Minhyuk held her tightly and stroked her hair.

-How are you doing, love?

-Good.- Nayeon lied, as always.

-Mh... You don't convince me. Give me permission to tell her something.

-Darling, I need the job. I don't have a degree and I earn well. I can resist.

-Do you promise?- Nayeon nodded. Minhyuk sighed. -I'll give her a month, then I'll come and talk.

-Now let's go eat.- Nayeon said, taking him by the hand and smiling at him.

Blurry. Suddenly everything was a blur. Nayeon squeezed her eyes shut as she rolled over in her bed. The deafening sound of a disconnected microphone boomed in her ears. She seemed to be approaching another reality, another dimension. She was sweating cold but she didn't even realize it.

-Doctor!- She began to hear again. -She's moving! Doctor!

Again those strange noises as if a stereo had been unplugged, then she managed to slowly open her eyes. In front of her a man with a teal mask.

-Miss, miss, can you hear me?- She ​​tried to speak but she couldn't. The more she tried, the colder she sweated. -Miss, talk to me.

She struggled for a long time and finally a "mh..." in protest came out of her mouth. The doctor immediately rushed to do some checks. After ten minutes, a still dazed Nayeon tried to focus on the image of a doctor talking to a woman, the nurse.

-You can tell her relatives that she is fine.- The woman nodded and left immediately. -Miss, can you hear me?- A very faint "yes" came from her lips. -Recover, we'll do some checks later. Do you need anything?

Nayeon turned left, toward the door. -Why am I here?

-You went into a coma for three days. We don't know the causes, probably stress. Do you remember if you hit your head?

Nayeon tried to remember but the more she tried, the more her head hurt. -I remember I was going to eat with my partner and then I couldn't see or hear anymore.

-What's your partner's name?

-Minhyuk.

The doctor left the room and went into the corridor. He was surrounded by people asking him to see her or how she felt.

-Who is Minhyuk?

Everyone was quite surprised by the question.

-It's her boss.- replied Tzuyu, Nayeon's best friend.

-Is he here?- asked the doctor.

-No.- the Latina replied confused. -Is it that idiot's fault? I swear I'm going to go there and break his legs.

-Isn't Minhyuk Miss Im's partner?- the doctor asked confused.

-No, Mr. Doctor.- Nayeon's mother, Jieun, replied.

-Why... Do you think this?- asked the father.

-She told me herself.

One of the people present began to pant and immediately sat down.

-Jeongyeon!- Jieun shouted worriedly.

-She's the partner.- Tzuyu explained to the doctor with a worried look.

-Don't worry, it must just be the initial shock. She will soon remember everything. Now I need someone to come with me, I have to give her a memory test.

-Tzuyu, you go.- Namjoon, Nayeon's father, told her.

The girl nodded and followed Dr. Smith into the room where Nayeon was. -Miss, do you recognize this girl?

-She is my best friend, Tzuyu.

The doctor looked at the girl next to him, who nodded. -Well, and do you remember what your name is?

-Nayeon Im.

-Well. And when were you born?

-The twenty-second of September one thousand nine hundred and ninety-five.

-What are your parents' names?

-Jieun and Namjoon.

-Miss, are you married?

-No, I have a boyfriend.

Tzuyu frowned.

Dr. Smith continued with her questions. -Do you have children?

-A daughter, Chaeyoung, she is four months old.

-Doctor, can I ask her a question?- asked Tzuyu.

-Certainly.

-Nay, what's your partner's name?

-Minhyuk.

-And how did you meet?

The girl seemed to think about it. -This... I don't remember.

-Let's let her rest.- the doctor suggested, leading Tzuyu out.

-Tzuyu, then!?- they all asked surrounding her.

-She seems to remember everything except... Her.- she said the last word in a low voice.

-Oh my!- Jieun said.

Jeongyeon hadn't even gotten up. She sat lost in thought.

-Jeong, try to go and talk to her.- suggested Momo, her best friend.

-Momo, don't you understand? She's convinced she's with her ex. She obviously still has feelings for him.

-Jeong, she was in a coma, these things can happen. Maybe if you tried to explain...

-Doctor, can she come in?- Jieun asked.

-Ma'am, I don't think we should make her force herself.

-Please, just for five minutes.- Momo asked. -Even just one.

Dr. Smith sighed. -Only one.

Momo patted Jeongyeon's back. -You'll see that everything will be fine.

The girl got up disconsolately and followed the doctor. She walked into the room, where Nayeon had her eyes closed.

-Nayeon, you have a visitor.

The girl opened her eyes, turned her head and remained still. -What are you doing here?

-Nay, I...- She was petrified seeing the look of disgust on her partner.

-Go away! I hate you!- she screamed with the little voice she had.

-But Nay...

-Miss, it's better not to force her.- the doctor told her, taking her by the shoulders.

new book, new dramas