Chapter 55: Viruses The Violent Savior

A bit of time has passed since Team RWBY knew the origin of their 5th teammate. Ruby and Blake were discussing to Weiss and Yang what they saw and the fact that they knew Kota way before he even came to beacon academy. But what they saw made them understand why Kota thought the people around him, would be afraid of him. Yang started to feel bad about him, Weiss was starting to understand him better, and Ruby and Blake were at peace about it. But more importantly they were honestly surprised that they had a history with Kota at all.

Yang: Is that all it showed you as well?

Ruby: Afraid so Yang. But that's all we should know about him.

Weiss: But what about the fact that we've met him when we were little. Why didn't we remember him when we've met him at beacon?

Ruby: I mean... We never got his name when we first met him. Honestly I wasn't even surprised when we found out. (She turns her head and notices that Blake hasn't said a word since they returned to Weiss and Blake) Blake?

Soon everyone else turns to see Blake with her hand on her other shoulder who had small tears in her eyes. For she was the only one who was sad about what she saw. Not the fact that they knew him, But what happened during the conflict at the festival back then.

Yang: Blake? Are you ok?

Blake: Am... Am I the only one who was sad to see what happened during the Grimm attack? Was I the one who really felt bad for what happened to him.

Ruby: You're not the only one Blake. But now we know why he was scared in the first place.

Blake: And is that something that we should be proud about!? Us now knowing the reason why he was scared about his power? The way I see it that's not the reason why he's scared to use his power... It's the reason he's scared of himself. (Starts to cry) I just don't want to... (Blake pulls out her Unity amulet and opens it to see Kota's favorite memory of her and continues to tear up) When we use these would we remind him the dangers of his powers?

Yang: Blake... (Holds Blake together as the rest follow) Kai... Kota... Said that when we use these powers even if it's for a little bit that Kota will be proud of us. Yes I know he wasn't the real him but it was still him regardless. Look a Ruby she used Kota's favorite technique with no destruction and no casualties, and it was her first time doing it in combat.

Ruby: Blake... (Blake turns to look at Ruby) We make sure that these powers are use to protect. Just like the promise that he made with ironwood back at amity arena.

(Flashback to the Aftermath between Kota and RWBY's fight at the Vital tournament)

Ironwood: Everyone... Think about what you are doing.

Blake: No You need to think about what you are doing!

Velvet: He doesn't want to be a Threat to anyone of us.

Kai: Yeah You leave him alone!

Pyrrha: He's just a Kid!

Ironwood: But what if he's left unchecked? What then.

Cardin: Then we remind him who he is fighting for.

Ruby: That's Right. (Walks towards Ironwood With her team As she and Blake holds Both of his hands) General We understand where you're coming from But this isn't the right way to go. Yes most people would be scared of a being like him but he made a promise to himself that he would never harm any innocent people.

Weiss: You see we found out something about him That he never knew before. His power... he always uses it whenever people are truly in danger, when people are going to die and theirs no other possible way to fight back. The power you fear Is the power to protect.