Chapter 34: Black as Knight

(Flashback to Beacon Academy 1 day after Kota joined Team RWBY)

Blake Belladonna was in front of a statue of the Hawthorne's fighting a Grimm monster siting down while reading her book, Ninjas of Love. This was her private time since everyone was asleep for it was the time that Blake can have some time to herself and also ponder to her thoughts about past events, About her time with the White Fang and her time with Team RWBY even most recently her new 5th Teammate. Actually that's all she can think about for he was the only boy in her team but to her, He was different like she can feel safe with him. Kota's powers are slightly a part of that but she cant seem to know why else she feels that way. But she soon got back to her book but He was still in her head.

Blake: Kota... Why is he...

While she was reading and pondering her thoughts she started to hear footsteps and instantly thought it was her friend Sun but as the footsteps keep coming it ended up to be Kota who was having a midnight stroll around the academy listening to music. She was suprised to see that he was also up and he soon noticed her and paused his music, take off his headphones and slowly approached her.

Kota: Hey Blake, What are you doing here?

Blake closed and put down her book and slowly got up from the floor to approach him.

Blake: I was about to ask you the same thing Kota.

Kota: I was just taking a walk, You know clear my head. I'm guessing you were doing the same?

Blake: Yeah, Nighttime is to me the best time for me to keep my thoughts together as I read my books in the process.

Kota: Don't blame you. Plus its also a peaceful time you know.

Blake: (Slightly Blushes) Yeah...

Kota: You ok Blake?

Blake: Yeah its just... I have a lot to think about.

Kota: (Nonchalantly) Want to walk and talk about it.

Blake: (Laughs) How come you always act so goofy, In a nice way to be fair.

Kota: Ehh, Its what I do.

Blake: Well I would love to walk and talk.

Kota: Well come on then.

They walked throughout the courtyard talking about what happened recently and Blake wanted to know much about him since they barley got to talk when he first joined the team. The two managed to have a nice time together as they shared some kind memories. But soon memories turned to into sad ones but only for Blake while Kota kept talking about his childhood.

Kota: ...And Serah was so overloaded with visitors that I took over for her and get people to their rooms so she can finally sleep. It took me 2 hours for everyone to get situated and ii also had to make sure not to accidently give my room away.

Blake: (Slightly Laughs) Seems like fun...

Kota: Blake... You ok man?

Blake: I'm just glad that you had a fun childhood. Not a lot of people get to have a life like that most days, Nor years.

Kota: Blake, is everything ok?

Blake: (Slightly tears up) I'm Fine...

Kota: Hey Blake I've seen many things in my bounties and I can tell if someone is having trouble.

Blake: I... It.. I'm just glad you have a semi normal life, I just wish we all did.

Kota: Blake, was that question for all of us... or for your kind?