Chapter 51: Walking Mistakes

Ruby can be heard running and panting with Kai(Kota) being held by her wrist as they run through the forest area of the Origami Acre. They then stop by a tree so Ruby can catch her breath. Ruby then sits down at the base of the trunk with her head to her knees and her arms folded. Little pops out from her hood. They run out onto her arm.

Little: Ruby? Ruby?

Ruby finally raises her head.

Little: (hopping onto Ruby's knee) What are you doing? Why did you shout at everyone like that?

Ruby doesn't say anything, simply sighing. She looks at her surroundings.

Ruby: Where... are we?

Little: It's okay! I can guide us back. You shouldn't run off though. You all need to stick together if you wanna go home.

Ruby: (sighs) Why are you still here?

Ruby folds her arms again, and her face has a scowling expression. Little grows concerned.

Little: Uh... what? I promised.

Ruby: I promised to serve Atlas as a Huntress... That I'd keep people safe... That I'd be there for my friends...

Kai(Kota): (To himself) Ruby?

Little: But, we can go back and--

Ruby: No!

Ruby stands up and Little hops off her knee to the ground. And Kai(Kota) kept watching as he didn't know what to say at the moment.

Ruby: You don't know what I've done. What I couldn't do! I can't do this! (punches the tree trunk) I could never do this... If you stay with me, you're going to end up dead too... Just. Go. Home...

Little: But you're--

Ruby: I said GO!

Little yelps and quickly crawls away from Ruby. Little watches Ruby marches away dragging Kai(Kota) with her, their ears flop down in sadness. Soon after they continued walking as Ruby's grip on his Wrist got tighter Kai(Kota) wanted an answer to...

Kai(Kota): Why... Why drag me along?

Ruby: Hmm?

Kai(Kota): Why did you take me with you if you want to be alone?

Ruby: (After a bit of silence) ...Because We are the who's hurting right now. And you were the only one to see that I wasn't right.

Kai(Kota): I just wanted to make sure you're happy but... What happened when I was gone?

Ruby didn't say anything as she started to tear up and her grip on his wrist got even more tighter. Kai(Kota) was worried about her but they just kept walking. As they we're walking through the forest It begins to darken around them as they continue to walk. A glowing blue butterfly flutters past them. As Kai(Kota) and Ruby continues walking, a spotlight appears above them. Each spotlight shows them walking slowly and much slower than the first two. Soon They both cross the bridge between the Origami Acre and the Dark Acre. They both arrive at a pink-colored extravagant manor. Everything goes dark.

Another spotlight appears above Them again, but this time, Ruby and Kai(Kota) is inside a room standing in front of a portrait of a family of three. The other portraits appear in few spotlights. The first two portraits depict Trivia Vanille, both as a child and adolescent, with her parents Jimmy and Carmel Vanille. The other portrait depicts Neopolitan with Cinder standing besides Salem's throne. They Both slowly walked towards the largest portrait, depicting Roman Torchwick and Neo with her parents lying on the ground, apparently dead.

Ruby: What is this?

Kai(Kota): You're guess is as good as mine.

As Ruby stares at the portrait, Roman's left eye moves to gaze at her direction.