Chapter 73:

'I never really stay dead.' Adriano smirks. 'It's kind of my thing.'

'Now!' Christianto yells. Zoya, Matteo, Terzo, Lorenzo and Xuan each pull out two knives and stab the legs of the guards who are holding them down.

I floor my guard and he pulls me on top of him. I elbow his face and wrestle the gun off him. I shoot him and then shoot the one holding Fouzia down.

I help her up and she smiles at me. Christianto throws her a gun and I turn to find Adriano standing behind me.

'Oh my god.' I gasp, pulling him closer to me.
Adriano's arms wrap around my waist and he kisses my neck.

'How?' I ask.

'Bulletproof vest.' He replies, showing the vest under his shirt.

'You need to stop pretending to die.' I slap his chest. 'It's giving me a heart attack.'

He chuckles, and lets me go. I see Dominico trying to make another escape but I run up to him.

'Don't you dare.' I snarl.

He stops as I get infront of him and place a knife infront of his face.

'You know none of this was my idea.' He laughs nervously.

'You disgust me.' I snap. He backs away from me and bumps into Alessandro.

He punches Dominico who stumbles into Adriano who gives him a big shove. Dominico hits me and I grab his arm and pin him to the ground.

'Dilara I can give you everything you want.' He pleads. 'Money, power, love.'

'Shut it.' I snarl.

Lorenzo and Terzo drag him to a chair and tie him up.

'We need to show everyone the truth.' Zoya says. 'You said you'll reveal secrets.'

'How do we do that?' I ask.

Eliza hands Zoya a camera that she retrieved from the car. 'We'll broadcast this to all the allies.'
Zoya starts filming and shoots me a thumbs up.

'Members of The Ravens and their allies.' I say, my voice loud. 'I am Dilara de'bardi the new leader of The Ravens.'

Christianto and Xuan turn to me and give me a thumbs up. Adriano beckons me to continue.

'You're old leader lied to you, and will now be executed for it.' I say. 'From this day forth, The Vipers and The Ravens will be at peace with one another and be joined into one.'

'No!' Dominico yells. 'It won't work.'

'Someone please shut this old man up.' Matteo snarls.

'This is what happens when you cross me.' I snarl. 'Let this be a warning to everyone.'

Zoya shows Vittorias dead body and the corpses of the bodyguards.
Dominico splutters as I walk towards him.

'You're not thinking clearly.' He says.

'It's never been clearer.' I snarl. I plunge the knife into Dominico's chest. Not far enough to puncture his heart, but enough to hurt him.
I rip out the knife and he coughs up blood.

'This is for Jasmine.' I grab his hair and angle his face up. I slice once against his throat and he chokes.

'This is for my child.' I slice him again.

'Thais is for Adriano's parents.' Another slice across his throat.

'And this is for all the torturous training you made me go through.' I slice him one last time and blood splatters all over my face.

Blood flows down the front of Dominico's suit and I extend my hand, Adriano places a gun in it.

I cock the gun and places it under Dominico's chin.

'It's over.' I snap. 'Checkmate Motherfucker.' The gunshot rings throughout the room and his body slumps in the chair.

'It's over.' Amira breathes, her shaking hands covering her mouth as Lorenzo tries to comfort her. I drop the gun and it clatters in the floor.

'We're free.' Zoya laughs dryly.

Alessandro picks up Mimi who's carrying Rory and drifting in and out of consciousness. He takes her to the car and we'll all look around at the garage.

'No more hiding.' Adriano grabs my hand.

'We can relax.' I smile.

***********
On the way back to The Raven's base, Zoya edits and uploads the video for everyone to see. By the time we get back to base, everyone knows the truth.

She edited in all the evidence I got of Vittoria and Dominico working together.

The guards at The Ravens base immediately salute me and everyone looks at me differently, as if they were relieved.

'Look who's leading a whole mafia now.' Chris nudges me playfully, his arm around Fouzia.

'I told you I had it in me.' I smirk.

'I never doubted you for a second Di,' he laughs.

Adriano hugs me proudly as we walk into Dominico's old office and I see that in a couple of hours a big influence can make things change immediately.

'We'll give you guys some privacy.' Everyone leaves the office and stands outside of the door.

'Im so proud of you.' Adriano says. 'My heiress.'

'Im not an heir anymore.' I playfully roll my eyes.

'My Queen.' He smiles. 'la mia regina pazza.'

Translation: My crazy Queen.

Adriano picks me up and spins me around before softly pressing his lips on mine. This isn't a passionate kiss but one for reassurance, letting me know that only good things are coming.

'We're free.' I breathe. 'Free to be us.'

'This might not be the right time.' Adriano says. 'But I've been thinking about it for a while now.'

'What?' I ask. Adriano gets down on one knee and looks up at me.

'Dilara, your are my soulmate and best friend all at once, there's never been a dull moment with you in my life.' Adriano says.

'Yeahh cause people are always trying to kill us.' I snort but Adriano's expression tells me that I have to be serious.

'Dilara will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and becoming Dilara Giovanni?' He asks.

'Yes!' I scream. Adriano takes out a beautifully, diamond encrusted ring from his jacket and I wonder how long it's been there.

He slips it into my Ring finger. He pressed his lips against mine and I know only good things are coming.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you guys are ready for the end of the Sorry soon! I hope you're enjoying the book.
Have a nice day!