Chapter 33:

We all slowly turn to Matteo and he looks at us confused.

Eliza starts laughing hysterically, they've clearly done something to her here.

'She's insane.' Jasmine mutters.

Alora grabs Eliza and stands her up. She handcuffs her and we escort her out of the prison and back to Mimi's house.

'I'm so sorry, that we're using your house as a second base but it's just a precaution.' Xuan says.

'It's alright,' she sighs. 'It's not like we brought this as a way to have peace and quiet.'

Dilara gives her a sympathetic smile and Rory tries to fit her hand in her mother's mouth.

'Ok time for bed,' Mimi laughs.

She takes Rory to her bedroom as Lorenzo gets a chair and Terzo brings some rope.

I shove Eliza into the chair and Terzo ties her up.

'She's got a little bit of crazy in her eyes.' He mutters as he walks over to Zoya.

Matteo stands silently, his face pale on the other side of the room. Jasmine hands him a glass of water and he takes it, his hands shaking.

'Gentlemen calm down,' Eliza laughs.

'You need to tell us everything about Vittoria's past.' I command

'And why should I?' She asks.

'You don't have much of a choice,' I snarl.

'Stop,' Matteo says walking towards us. Everyone turns to look at him.

'I want to do this,' He says, his voice wavering.

'Are you sure?' Alora asks.

'Yes, I want to know everything.' He replies. 'I want the truth.' Matteo turns to look at Eliza.

Everyone except Jasmine leaves the living room.

I see Dilara walk into the backyard and turn around to see Alessandro watching me.

'Congratulations,' Alessandro says. 'About the baby.'

'There's no baby,' I say. 'Fouzia just wanted some attention from me.'

'She's right to look for it,' he replies. 'It seems like your attention is wandering elsewhere.'

'I don't care about what she wants.' I show him my hand. 'We're getting a divorce immediately.'

'Vittoria's going to kill you.' He laughs.

'Not if I kill her first.' I snarl. Alessandro's smile drops.

'Sorry. she's your mother I shouldn't have said that.' I apologise.

'She deserves it.' He shrugs.

My eyes wander to Dilara again.

'Have you told her yet?' He asks.

'Told her what?' I ask.

'The truth you told me two years ago,' He raises an eyebrow.

'Is it really the right time?' I ask.

'It will never be the right time, but you've put her through enough.' Alessandro explains.

I turn to look back at Dilara.

Alessandro lightly pushes me forward.

'Trust me,' He says.

*******************

DILARA'S POV:

I wrap my arms around me and look down at the pool in front of me. The wind blows a couple fly aways into my face, and I tuck them behind my ear.

'How are you holding up?' A voice asks.

I turn to my left and see Xuan standing next to me. He hands me a scarf that I wrap around me.

'Thank you,' I mutter.

'I haven't had time to check up on you,' He explains.

'It's fine,' I reply. 'I'm fine, just shocked and processing it all.'

'I understand,' He replies. 'Like I said before, I'm here for you.'

I turn and smile at him.

'It's scary,' I sigh. 'My grandfather who I once confided in now wants me dead.'

'I couldn't imagine.' he replies. 'But the Dilara I know will be able to kill him in mere minutes.'

I laugh dryly.

I really hope so.

'Did you believe me?' I ask. 'When I first got here?'

'No,' He replies. 'I thought you must've hit your head.'

'This is all so fucked.' I sigh. 'And on top of it, Eliza is Matteo's mother.'

Xuan whistles.

'We're a bunch of friends who are all fucked in our own special ways.' He laughs.

Someone clears their throat from behind us and we both turn around.

Adriano gives Xuan a look.

'I'll see you later Dilara.' he says. 'Mr angry ex-boyfriend has graced us with his presence.'

Xuan walks back into the house and I go to follow him when Adriano grabs my arm to stop me.

'I want to speak to you,' he says.

'Of course you do,' I sigh.

I remove his arm but he grabs onto me again, this time putting a hand on my waist. His eyes plead me to listen.

'I'm such a blind, thick-headed asshole.' He starts.

'Look who's finally using his brain.' I reply. 'You're much more than just that.'

'I know, and I'm going to make it up to you.' He says.

He whispers under his breath, his eyes searching mine.

'let me start with the most recent event.' He says. 'Fouzia isn't pregnant, she lied to all of us to get you to back off,'

Adriano raises his hand and I see the ring is gone.

'I'm getting a divorce ready.'

'What does this have to do with me?' I ask.

'Because I'm going to explain everything,' He says. 'But before I do, please forgive me for everything.'

Is he ok?

Forgive him?

I fiddle with the bandage covering my brick by brick tattoo and slowly shake my head.

'You had your chance Adriano, and you lost it.' I start, 'I'm not going to let you fucking ruin me.'

I move away from him, but he pulls me closer, his lips brushing my ear.

'Please,' He mumbles. 'Don't stab me for this.'

Adriano Giovanni looks into my eyes, and pushes me into the icy, cold water of the pool.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you're all enjoying the book so far!
Have a nice day!