Chapter 54:

The doctor cleans up Christianto's wounds and Alessandro and Lorenzo drag him back upstairs to the meeting room.

'Go job on messing him up.' Xuan smirks, elbowing me.

'It's my job.' I reply.

We get back to the meeting room and Alessandro handcuffs Christianto's arms behind his back and sits him down at the table.

Everyone is here. Adriano looks up at me and gives me a weak smile. I know he wants me to lead this meeting.

I clear my throat and think of what to say.

'Christianto has promised to co operate.' I say.

'I didn't promise, you threatened me into it.' He cuts me off. Lorenzo cocks his gun and places it at the base of Christianto's head.

'Your voice is annoying.' He snaps.

'He is going to help us take down Dominico.' I continue.

'How can we trust him?' Matteo snaps, glaring at him.

'Who can we trust?' I question. 'We're all pointing fingers at eachother while trying to figure out who the traitor is.'

'We need to trust eachother.' Terzo says. 'Otherwise nothing will work out.'

'Exactly,' Amira says. 'Now what's the plan.'

'As Chris and I know, I have my inheritance ceremony in a months time.' I explain. 'We should strike there.'

'How?' Xuan asks. 'They're securely guarded.'

'There are many ways she can get in,' Alora says. 'Dominico is her grandfather, she could easily manipulate her way in.'

'D.D is the biggest mafia mystery in the country,' Alessandro says. 'Thousands of people have died at his hands.'

'He's going to meet his match sooner or later.' Adriano speaks up for the first time, looking straight at me. 'And something tells me Dilara may be it.'

Alora's phone rings and she hushes everyone. She answers it and says a few words before ending the calls.

'The new hacking trainees need me, and Zoya.' She says.

Christianto watches her carefully but she avoids his gaze.

'You do hacking?' I ask. 'I thought you were a field girl.'

'I'm a bit of both.' Zoya smiles. 'Depends on my mood.'

They leave the room and I sit down in my seat.

'Jasmine funeral is this Friday.' Terzo says. 'It will be small, but we need to be ready to pay our respects.'

Matteo bows his head. He is so strong for how much he's been able to keep himself together. I remember when I was in his position and I couldn't even breathe without bursting into tears.

Amira puts an arm around him comfortingly and he smiles at her.

'So what are we going to do with Christianto?' Terzo asks.

'I promised him better living arrangements.' I say. 'So I have to stick to my word.'

Christianto smirks as Alessandro, Lorenzo and Terzo look at me, a shocked expression on their face.

'You can't be serious,' Alessandro scoffs. 'We can't trust him.'

'I don't trust him.' I reply, 'he will be heavily guarded.'