Chapter 5:

Adriano runs towards me and lands a punch on my face.

My eyes water and I stumble backwards. I wipe the blood off my lip.

He manages to land another punch where my diaphragm is and I struggle to breathe for a second.

I cough and start wheezing.

He grabs me and pushes me to the floor, I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen.

I don't have time to breathe before he grabs my hair and pulls me up.

Adriano grabs my neck and bends me over the side of the building.

He takes a knife out of his belt and pushes it against my neck so that it's cuts some skin.

'This brings back memories.' I smirk up at him.

He leans forward, getting dangerously close to my face.

'You still think about us, cute.' He says, a hint of a devilish grin in his grey eyes.

'I don't think your wife will appreciate you being this close to me.' I say moving the hair from his eyes.

His eyes scan my face, but my eyes catch on the silver wedding ring on his finger.

I grab his arm and punch him on the jaw with the other. I push him back and the knife slips from his grip.

I pick it up and twirl it between my fingers.

'Is that really all you've got?' I scoff.

He lunges for me and I block it, cutting through his shirt. I twist his arm behind his back and push him against the door we came through.

'You've gotten weak.' I taunt in his ear.

'I'm just trying to go easy on you.' He replies.

He bangs his head into me and I stumble back, blood coming out of my nose.

'This was lovely, but I've got to go now.' He says looking at an imaginary watch on his wrist.

The way he looks at me sets my skin on fire, and not in the right ways.

He steps on the edge of the rooftop and winks at me before jumping off.

I run to the side and look over.

He's gone.

Shit.

I lost him.

Again.

I cant leave this building, it's probably surrounded. I look for a way out and realise that if I run I can make a jump to the next building.

I walk backwards and run forwards and jump. I land in a heap on the roof of the other building, grazing my knees in the process.

I run through the door and make my way to the shop floor. It's a clothing shop, lucky me. I make sure my face is hidden as I grab some clothes and go to the changing rooms.

Ripping off the tags on the clothes, I put on the blue hoodie I picked out. I stuff all my hair in it and put a cap over it.

'Oh god,' I say looking down and seeing that the pain I felt earlier was because of a shard of glass stabbing into me. I can't clean that here.

I use another shirt to wipe the blood off my face and my abdomen before I leave the busy store without anyone noticing.

**************
I walk into my room and stumble onto my bed. My head is killing me and I'm not in the mood to get screamed at by my grandfather.

I force myself to get up and I limp to the bathroom. I take off the hoodie and cap I had on, throwing them onto the floor.

Rummaging through my drawers, I find a first aid kit.

This pain is unbearable and I need to stop bleeding everywhere.

'Come on Dilara you can do this.' I breathe.

I unzip my suit and lower it to my thighs. I have to steady my shaking hands while picking up the tweezers.

'Lets do this,' I suck in a breath and pull out the glass shard.

That's definitely going to scar.

'Fuck you Giovanni.' I mutter.

I pour some rubbing alcohol onto the wound and lean my head back in pain.

'Are you ok Dilara?' Christianto asks barging in. He just stares at me.

'Eyes up here.' I groan.

'Sorry, I just heard a dying animal so I thought you needed help.' He explains.

I glare at him.

'Ok clearly not the time,' he shrugs. 'You look like shit.'

'Are you gonna stand there gawking or are you gonna go get me some Tylenol?' I snap.

'Yes ma'am.' He replies.

I wrap my wound up and put on my hoodie.

Christianto comes back with Tylenol and a glass of water. I take the medication and open another cupboard in my bathroom.

I take out a bottle of tequila and take a gulp from it.

'Is that healthy?' He asks.

'It works.' I reply shrugging.

'What even happened to you Di?' He asks. 'We tried to speak to you but your earpiece was off.'

'Yeah, I know I stepped on it.' I reply taking some sweatpants out of my wardrobe.

'And why did you do that?' He asks, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms.

'I needed to finish the job, there was going to be some collateral damage.' I explain, taking off my suit and putting on my sweatpants.

'Collateral damage happens all the time.' He replies.

'Maybe I just have the decency to not murder a baby and her mother.' I reply. 'Especially not when I know them.'

'You know them?' He asks.

'It was Mimi and her daughter.' I say. I grab an ice pack from the cupboard and place it on my forehead.

'Oh shit...' he mutters.

'And I ended up bumping into Adriano.' I add. 'Which explains this.' I signal to my aching body.

'Get some rest before you see Dominico cause you'll need more than Tylenol to solve that migraine.' Christianto laughs.

'Yeah, I'm just gonna take a quick nap.' I reply.

'Just ring me if you need anything.' He says.

I nod and close my curtains. Christianto leaves my room and I get into my bed.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
Have a nice day!