Chapter 62:

'Jasmine.' He replies. 'I need to talk about Jasmine.'
My heart drops.

'What about her?' My mouth goes dry.

He sits down on the chair next to my bed and avoids my gaze.

'I loved her,' he whispers. 'Im in love with her.'

My heart hurts for him because I know exactly what he's going through. I know how it feels to have someone close to you die. The only difference is mine came back.

'I have dreams of her.' He continues. 'Showing me what could've been if we weren't attacked.'

'Matteo Im so sorry.' I whisper. 'I know you loved her, we could all see it.'

'At first,' he whispers. 'I was mad at you, after her death.'
I stay silent, knowing exactly where this conversation is going.

'I used to think that things would be different if you died.' He confesses. 'I used to wish that it was you that night.'

My throat tightens and I look down at the bedsheets. I feel tears prick the corners of my eyes.

'I'm not mad at you for thinking that.' I say. 'But killing me wouldn't have taken any of you out of danger.'

'I had wished it happened.' Matteo aggressively wipes his eyes and takes a shaky breath. 'But when the accident happened I was filled with regret.'
He signals to my laying on the hospital bed.

'I never wanted anything to harm you.' He wipes his nose and fails to keep the tears in any longer. 'They were just thoughts.'

He starts sobbing and I sit up, pulling him into my arms. I hug Matteo tightly and stroke his hair.

'Grief fucks with our minds in ways no body can understand.' I feel his body shake against me.

'Dilara I miss her so much.' He cries. 'I can't live without her, I can't move on, I can't love anyone again.'

I look down at the boy in my arms. The same boy who two years ago was a bundle of smiling joy, the boy who flirted with me just to piss of Adriano, the boy who was hidden from all this bullshit. He's now the boy who has no real family, and has just lost the love of his life.

'You don't have to move on.' I say. 'You don't have to love someone else.'
He looks up at me with his red eyes and I smile weakly.

'But for the sake of your sanity,' I say. 'Try and focus on other things.' Matteo moves back and smiles at me.

'Thank you Dilara.' He says before leaving.

*************
Adriano walks into the room, holding a big teddy bear when a doctor stops him.

'She needs rest.' The doctor says.

'She's been stuck here for weeks.' Adriano snaps.

'I want everyone out of this room,' he says. 'Now.'
All the staff do as he says and he walks over to me.

Adriano presses a warm kiss to my lips and places the bear in my hands.

'I wanted us to have some alone time.' He says. 'Are you able to walk?'

'Yeah,' I reply, smiling.

'Good.' He says. 'I can bend you over that table.'

My jaw drops at his outburst of intimacy and Adriano bursts out laughing at my expression.

'I'm messing with you Pazza.' He smirks. 'But I do have something else planned.'

He helps me get up and rakes his eyes up and down my body. He holds my hand and leads me to the back of the house where there's a huge pool.

'Put this on,' he hands me a red swim suit.

'Is this an excuse to see me in a two piece?' I raise an eyebrow.

'Pazza, I've seen you wearing nothing.' He smirks. 'If I wanted to get you out of your clothes, nothing would stop me.'

'Wow so you don't wanna see me.' I tease.

'Put the bikini on before I throw you in.' He snaps.

'What are we even doing?' I ask.

'I'm teaching you how to swim.' He smiles.

I look around and see golden fairy lights around the edge of the pool and I smile at the attempt to make it romantic.

Adriano reluctantly looks away as I get changed, muttering something about being a pain in his ass before I'm ready.

He turns around and rips off his shirt, and I'm greeted with his tattooed abs that never fail to make my mouth water.  His silver chain sits perfectly on his muscled chest.

'You look good.' He smiles.

'Adriano I'm not sure if this.' I say.

He walks past me and jumps into the pool. He looks back at me and I sit on the edge. Adriano swims up to me and pulls me in.

He doesn't let my head go under water as his strong hands grip my waist. His wet black hair dangles in-front of his stormy eyes.

'Focus.' He says. 'We'll start with paddling.'

'I'm not sure.' I say.

'I'm not going to let anything happen to you Dilara.' He kisses the top of my nose. 'I promise.'

Adriano angles me so I'm on my stomach, his fingers lightly brushing me.

'Relax, I'm going to move my hands and you're going to float.' He says.

'On three.' I mumble.

'One.' Adriano abruptly moves his hands and I panic.

'You said three!' I exclaim.
I try to calm myself down and manage to float without splashing too much.

'Ok so now use your hands and legs to doggie paddle.' He says.

'What?' I look at him confused.

'Have you never seen a doggie paddle before?' He asks and I shake my head.
Adriano demonstrates for me and I burst out laughing.

A couple of hours pass and I've barely managed to paddle from one side to the other without Adriano following closely behind me.

I grab onto him for support and he presses my back against the wall of the pool. Adriano's eyes dart down to my lips and he smiles.

I wrap my arms around his neck, pressing against him and he kissed me. The kiss becomes more aggressive my hands costing his hair and his hands travelling up and down my body.

'What if someone sees us,' I breathe.

'The house is completely empty.' He smirks.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
Oooh the house is completely empty hehe (except for Xuan who's in a coma 🤭😩) I hope you're enjoying the book!
Have a nice day!