Chapter 56:

I crouch over the toilet seat, and keep on vomiting my guts out. I don't know what I ate or what's wrong with me but I can't stop vomiting.

My back aches and all I can do is vomit, the feeling of nausea that's built up in my stomach not leaving.

'Are you ok Dilara?' Adriano asks, leaning against the doorframe.

'Yup,' I gag and vomit again. 'Probably food poisoning from Terzo's food.'

'I'm an amazing chef.' Terzo snaps, peeking his head through the door. 'Whatever is wrong with you is not my damn fault.'

He walks away and I continue vomiting. Adriano comes and holds up my hair for me. He passes me a glass of water that I gulp down.

'Dilara do you think you could be pregnant?' He asks.
Pregnant? There's no way.

'I'm on the pill.' I say. 'There's no way.'

'Sometimes the pill doesn't work,' he shrugs. 'Have you checked?'

I nod and signal to the four pregnancy tests laid out on the vanity. I did them before I started vomiting and I haven't been able to check them.

Adriano walks up to them and shakily picks up the first one. He turns to me slowly and swallows.

'It's positive.' He says.

'Try the others, maybe it's faulty.' I reply.

He checks the others and puts them down. I'm finally able to stop vomiting and he looks at me.

'They're all positive.' He smiles. 'I'm going to be a dad.'

'That's not good,' I say. 'We're not ready for a child, for gods sake there are people trying to actively kill us right now.'

'Dilara this is amazing news.' He says, hugging me and twirling me around.

'Adriano did you just ignore everything I said?' I snap. 'We can't raise a child in these conditions.'

'Dilara listen to me.' He cups my face in his hands. 'Mafia rule: you cannot kill an heiress as long as they bare a child.'

'What,' I breathe.

'The ravens cannot touch you until you give birth.' He smiles. 'Which means we have nine months to effectively plan.'

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

'Nine months,' I breathe.

That's more than enough time to figure out how to perfectly execute our plan to kill Dominico. But we have to start from now.

'Oh my god,' I say. 'I'm going to be a mom.'

The smile on Adriano's face makes a weight lift off my shoulders. I busy myself with getting ready before I go downstairs.

We're all eating breakfast together and Adriano squeezes my hand.

'I have an announcement.' I smile at everyone. Everyone looks up from their plates and waits for me to continue.

'I'm pregnant.' I say, taking out the test.

A look flashes across Alora's face so quickly, I could've sworn I had imagined it.

'YES!' Mimi exclaims getting up and hugging me tightly. 'You're a baby Mamma!'

'Congratulations.' Alessandro nods my way.

'Rory is going to have a niece!' Mimi exclaims.

'I knew it wasn't my food,' Terzo laughs. 'You're going to be an amazing mother.'

'Thank you,' I smile.

'He's going to be a dreadful dad,' Terzo yawns.

'I'm going to rip out your tongue and shove it up your ass.' Adriano snarls.

'Ok mr grouchy,' Xuan laughs. He hugs me and congratulates me.

Matteo hugs me and so does Lorenzo.

'Rory is going to have a cousin!' Amira squeals and she hugs me tightly.

Alora smiles and gives me a hug.

'You're going to be an amazing mum.' She smiles.

'Isn't it dangerous right now?' Amira asks. 'Isn't having a child risky?'

'One of the mafia laws is that an heiress cannot be killed if she is carrying a child.' Alessandro responds. 'Dilara being pregnant has given us time to plan effectively.'

'Since when was that a rule?' Alora asks, again the same facial expression enters and leaves her face at the same speed.

'Since my moth- Vittoria became the head of the mafia.' Adriano replies.

'She made the rule, can't she take it away just as easily?' Matteo asks.

'Once a rule is made, that rule stays until there's a new leader.' Adriano explains.

'So when you're the leader you can discontinue or continue the rules?' Lorenzo asks. 'That's awesome.'

Xuan, Terzo, Lorenzo, Matteo and Alessandro talk to Adriano and give him a few words of encouragement as the girls crowd around me.

'Was it planned?' Mimi asks me and I shake my head in reply, nibbling on my bottom lip.

'Something doesn't feel right.' I mumble. 'I don't know what it is.'

'Nausea or nervousness.' She replies, pulling me into a hug. 'You're going to be an amazing mom, and you have the support of everyone here.'

'We're all going to spoil the shit out of your child.' Amira laughs.

Mimi grabs Rory and cuddles her.

'You're going to have a friend soon.' She says to her daughter, who reaches her hands out towards me.

I pick her up and cradle her, realising that one day I'll be doing this to my own child. I hope to god I get a son, it would make Adriano so happy to have a mini version of himself.

Adriano admires me from his seat and I smile at him.

'Does that mean you're going to be a wife soon?' Alora asks.

I shrug. I can't get that look she gave me earlier out of my head.

'Let's take it slow, I don't think any of us are ready for marriage, especially not under these circumstances.' I laugh.

'He better buy you a chunky ring.' Mimi snaps. 'Or I'll slap him.'

'I can always count on you to protect me.' I laugh.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you're all enjoying the story!
Have a nice day!