(48) Talk It Out

BAKUGO POV:

After that, everything went dark in my head. I didn't know what to think. I just stood there frozen in shock. Why...Why did she..? She sacrificed herself for this bastard..? Why..?!

I paused. "Y/n..." but she wasn't focused on me at all. "Denki! Are you okay?!" He shrugged, wiping off some of the blood on his face. He was right, I am second after all.

He turned towards Y/n. "I was just talking about how nice and pretty you were and he got all weird all of a sudden and hit me in the face. I dunno what his problem is.." She pulled him up by his arm. "It's okay, I'll bring you to the nurse." Jiro protested. "No y/n you need treatment too, your bleeding." She glared at me. "Bakugo be of some use, and take her there. It's your fault anyway. I'll take Denki to the other recovery girl so you don't have to be around each other."

I scoffed as I picked her up princess style, walking furiously out the exit, cutting through many horrified faces of people I didn't even recognize.

As I stepped out into the hallway I grunted. "Your way to damn reckless you know that?! Tch, you just had to jump in front of him. Now I'm stuck carrying you to the recovery girl's office!"

She looked at me with a hurt look on her face. "Tch, don't look at me like that. It's your own fault for trying to protect that dumb pikachu." She yelled. "You were gonna hurt him! If I hadn't stepped in and diffused it, maybe you would've killed him!"

My pupils enlarged. "Not hurt him, just bust his ugly face a little. As a warning, stay away from things that aren't yours." "Bakugo!" She cried out, saying my name like it was some kind of bad omen. The throbbing feeling in my chest continued. "What, he can take it." I strode into the nurses office. "I don't care if you have a problem, just don't go getting in the way next time."

I looked around, setting her on the sofa. Not this again..where the hell is the nurse..?

"Whatever, I've gotta go train, to get my mind off things. Wait till she comes back and don't do anything stupid." I turned around to face her. "And next time, don't get between us again okay? That was stupid as fuck! Use your damn brain dumbass.."

She grabbed my arm. "You're gonna leave me?" I averted my eyes. "Yeah, you'll be fine. Just lay there till she comes." As I started walking out I felt something, no, rather someone grab my wrist. "Huh?" She looked up at me with beady eyes. "Don't go. Please."

I stared down at her incredulously. "You really want me to stay here with you? Why? I'm the reason you got hurt in the first place... plus I don't like looking at you it makes me feel bad..." I rambled on. "Jumping in front of someone without even thinking--- idiot."

She ignored me and instead repeated what she said before. "Please." I reluctantly gave in. "Fine, whatever, I'll stay with you." And after some moments of awkward silence I sat next to her on the sofa. "Look, I'm sorry, you obviously weren't my target."

She stared straight ahead of her. "I know." I raised my eyebrows. "You know what?" She sighed and stared up at the ceiling. "I know that Denki lied. I know you wouldn't hurt someone for that reason, but still, you've got to control your anger."

I scoffed and looked out the window. "Don't give me that 'you need to control your anger crap.' I'm really trying.. so don't judge me like everyone else." She grabbed my chin and faced it towards her. "I'm not." I pushed her hand away. "W-Whatever, you're just saying that."

She shook her head. "I'm not..but other people will. You need to care about your image Katsuki." I raised my voice. "I don't give two craps about what everyone else thinks! I wanted to blow his ass up so I did it! It's not even your place to jump in like that, hurting you is the last thing I wanted to do!" I paused breathing heavily as she touched my hand and I immediately calmed down. "Don't waste your time saving, talking, touching or even being with him! I'm the only one you're allowed to pay attention to. Not Ryu, Tape face, Shitty Hair, Icy hot, Deku, or that fried brain of Denki's!" My voice cracked. "I'm better than all of them...can't you see that? So don't go wasting your ti-" A small figure wrapped itself around the back of my waist.

My tense body softened. "Hugging me out of nowhere huh? You think you can just hug me and everything will be fine?" She tightened her grip, pressing her body against mine. "C'mon, get off of me." She didn't budge. "Fine, don't then, I don't care." I stood there..somewhat welcoming her embrace. "You're so damn stubborn you know that?"

A drop of blood trickled down my arm making my eyes widen like saucers. 

It wasn't my blood.

I removed her arm around me and turned around to face her, tucking her hair behind her ear so I could get a better look at her face. "Are you okay?!" She laughed half-heartidly. "I'm fine, it doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done Katsu."

"Y/n, all I care about is you getting better." I cupped her face and sighed. "Does it hurt?" She shook her head. "I can't really feel anything. You don't have to worry about me you know, I'm strong. And if you're wondering if I forgive you, I do." It felt like a huge burden was lifted off my chest. "Why? I hurt you. Why the hell are you even so damn nice to me?!" I pushed her down on the sofa. "Whatever..don't answer that. You need to lie down. Just rest, got it?"

"No." This time she hugged me from the front, as she rested her head in the crook of my neck. I stood there, eyes widened in shock and embarrassment. "Hug me back too." She mumbled. I hesitated but slowly locked my arms around her, tapping the back of her head, bringing her closer to me. We just sat there for a moment-- until I broke the silence.

"This is stupid, but know that I admire you...and the way you act sometimes, I never know what your gonna do. But god there's just something about you, something that just draws me in..." She raised her eyebrows and red covered her face. "Go on..." 

Sweat dripped down my face as I mustered up the courage to face her. "I don't even know what I'm saying anymore. You are strong and I admire that. It makes me want you to be by my side." I stuttered. "I-I don't know what this feeling is or why I'm even telling you all this so w-whatever.." I sighed. "I dunno..just know that I care about you alright? I'm leaving now, to clear my head a bit." I felt the sudden urge to bang my head on a rock. Shit, Shit, SHIT...I blew it! 

Suddenly, the Recovery Girl came in. "I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?" I shook my head, taking a hurried step out the door just as Y/n called out to me. "Come back for me or I'll kill you!"

Despite my epic fail at a confession, I exited the nurses office with a slight smile creeping up onto my face. Y/n just had that kind of effect on me.