Chapter 4

*Back to y/n pov*

A couple days later I was eating dinner with Anna when my phone buzzed. It was a notification from Instagram but I decided to ignore it. Bestie time, you know?

"Okay, so we have about a week left until we go to L.A. Are you almost all packed?" Anna asked.

"Yep. I've got my long time stuff already good to go, it's just the overnight stuff that I have left. What about you?"

"Same. I'm so excited! This is seriously an adventure of a lifetime."

"Dude it literally is. Oh, did you get an email from the university about going fully online?"

"Yeah, I did. They said that with my classes I should be fine. Did you?"

"Yeah, but they said something different. One of my classes requires me to be in person for the last month of school for some weird reason. What should I do? It's required for my major so I need to take it."

"Have you told Brian yet?"

"No, should I?"

"Yeah, probably."

"Okay. I'll forward him this email right now." So I did. I sent it to him with a 'What do I do?' message attached. When I closed my email app I saw a glimpse of the Instagram message I'd received. I immediately dropped my phone. My eyes widened and I couldn't say anything.

"Y/N? What is it??" I just pointed at my phone. Anna grabbed it and looked at my notifications. She gasped insanely loudly. "OH MY GOSH HE MESSAGED YOU. DOES THAT MEAN THAT HE'S SEEN ALL OF THE MESSAGES YOU'VE SENT HIM BEFORE??" She asked. I looked at her horrified.

"Crap." I said. I grabbed my phone and opened the message.

Louis
Hi, Y/N!
I'm your new co-worker for the show
I'm really excited to meet you!
Can I get your phone number so we can text?

"He wants my number!!! What do I do??"

"Give it to him, obviously!!" Anna said. I suddenly saw something that I never thought I'd see in my life. He hearted my previous birthday message to him. HE HEARTED IT!!! Anna saw it and laughed. "Girl, you are so weird. Of course it just happens to be you that gets chosen and he sees your super weird message. Congrats babe." I hit her shoulder.

"Oh shut up." She laughed.

Me
Oh hey, Louis! Thanks for reaching out:)
I'm also excited to meet you!
Please ignore that last message I sent:)
Here is my number xxx-xxx-xxxx
Can't wait to hear from you!

"Is that normal enough?" Anna grabbed my phone and looked at it.

"Yeah, that seems less stalkerish to me." I glared at her.

"Hahaha you're soooo funny." I said with no enthusiasm at all whatsoever. I looked back at my phone and Louis had already seen and hearted the message.

"Girl, you're in for it."

"Thanks so much for the news flash. I had absolutely no idea at all whatsoever." I rolled my eyes. It was already 10 PM, so Anna went home.

"Bye, bestie! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye, sunshine!" I yelled. My phone buzzed again. I looked and it was a message from an unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Hey Y/N, this is Louis.
Just wanted to text you so you
have my number!

*name changed to Louis*

Me
Hey!
Thx for texting!
I'm heading to bed, but let's talk
more tomorrow!

Louis
Of course, goodnight Y/N:)

Me
Goodnight, Louis:)

Did that really just happen? Did Louis Partridge just wish me a goodnight? What fantasy world am I living in? I got ready for bed and plugged my phone in. That night, all I dreamt about was Louis freaking Partridge. My future best friend/lover. In a fake way, of course.