Chapter 3

Gale's POV

I admit that during lunch I kept looking at Johanna. But it's not my fault. Her tomboy side or her personality, I find that attractive. She's not afraid to say what she thinks and I love it. But I don't know if I should tell her or wait because I know if I get put off, especially by her, it will hurt.

Johanna's POV

I don't know what's going on with me but I can't stop thinking about Gale. His brown hair, his beautiful brown eyes. Ugh ! I've never been like this in relation to a boy and I don't want to be. I hate being one of those girly girls.

I also noticed that Finnick looked at Annie a lot at lunch, I don't know I find that a little weird. Maybe he likes her. If he ever causes pain, this will be the last time he sees the light of day. Annie is like a little sister to me and with everything she experiences, she is fragile. Maybe Finnick will manage to break her shell. You will need to have heavy shoulders because Annie has not lived through beautiful things. I don't think you can compete with your past. I'll make sure he doesn't hurt her.

I want to know if she likes him, that's why I organized this sleepover, and also so that Annie doesn't do you know what. I know she does it when we're not around but I tell myself that maybe, thanks to Finnick, she will stop torturing herself for nothing. She doesn't deserve to go through everything she goes through because of Delly. If only I could, I think I would have stuck an ax right in her head.

Peeta's POV

When Finnick told me he liked Annie, I was so happy for him. Finnick never liked a girl before, despite all the ones chasing him. Annie has to be someone special to make him feel that way. I'm going to make them end up together, but I'm going to need Katniss' help for that.

Peeta 🍞✨👅 : Hey Kat. Can you help me with something?

Katniss 😘🌹✨ : Hey Peet. Of course, what do you want help with ?

Peeta 🍞✨👅 : Does Annie like Finnick ?

Katniss 😘🌹✨ : I think so. Why ?

Peeta 🍞✨👅 : Because a few hours ago Finnick confessed slightly to me that he had a crush on her.

Katniss 😘🌹✨ : WHATT!!! 😲 We have to put them together, Annie never had a boyfriend and I think she would need one. And then Finnick seems like a good guy for her.

Peeta 🍞✨👅 : I know. Finnick never felt that way for anyone else. Not even for one of the girls flirting with him.

Katniss 😘🌹✨ : One more reason. Okay, I'll see if I can get any information from Annie's side. I will tell you tomorrow. See you 😘

Peeta 🍞✨👅 : See you😘 

Katniss' POV

I knew it ! During lunch, I saw that Finnick was watching Annie a lot. She really needs support right now. Delly has been harassing her since elementary school and I know that Annie has already tried to kill herself. Fortunately Johanna or I were there to stop her. She is a good girl who deserves to be happy. And I'll do anything to make her find a boy who makes her feel good. Maybe Finnick, well we'll see. Now I'm going to get the information from Annie's side. I'm in the car to go to her right now, because we're having a sleepover at Johanna's.

I honk and she walks out with her bag. I notice she's still wearing sweaters lately, I hope she doesn't hurt herself. She enters the car all smiling, it feels good to see her like that. I tell myself that Finnick's arrival will change her. But then I see her smile is just fake, as usual she is hiding her pain. I'll wait until we're at Johanna's to ask her what's going on.

"Hey Kat, ready for the night ?"

"Yeah, I can't wait. But I wonder, why did Johanna want to do a sleepover at the last minute ?" I ask with a confused expression. She shrugs.

"Maybe she had something important to tell us"

"Yeah, maybe" I say but I don't believe it at all. Johanna always has an idea in her head.

We arrive at Johanna's who welcomes us with her smile saying that she has a demonic idea, I don't like that. We go in her room and we settle on the floor.