Chapter 7

Annie's POV

I wake up and get excited for two reasons. One, my Aunt Mags is coming to town, and two, I have a date with Finnick. I try not to think about the events that happened last night. I look at my phone and see that I received a message.

Aunt Mags 💞 : I think I'm coming towards the end of your class. I'll be at home. I can't wait to see you again my darling.

Annie 💖💋🎉 : Me too Aunt Mags. I wanted to ask you, do you mind if I bring a friend ?

Aunt Mags 💞 : Of course not my angel. See you soon.

I smile and get up. I get ready and when I get out, Johanna's car arrives and I get into it.

"Hey girls" I say, closing the passenger seat door.

"Hey Ann" Johanna tell me.

"So how did it go ? What did you talk about ?" asks Katniss who has been biting her lip for a while.

"Well that was good. We talked about a lot of things," I take a deep breath  "and I told him about Sophie." They look at me, shocked by what I just said.

"You told him about Sophie ?" Katniss asks me. I nod my head. "Wow, you haven't told anyone else besides us. You really have to trust him to talk to him about this."

"Yeah, I feel comfortable with him, I don't really know how to explain it. It's just that when I'm with him, I get to talk about a lot of things, even complicated things." I say smiling and they smile back at me.

"I think I know how to explain this," Johanna tell me. "You love Finnick. If you're so comfortable with him, if you can talk to him about painful moments in your life, it's because you love him." I look at them with an expression of shock. I like Finnick ? Honestly, I never thought about it. But I think, maybe they are right.

"Since when do you give such wise advice Miss Mason ?" I ask with a smirk because I know the reason. Johanna's face turns bright red and Katniss and I burst out laughing.

"Well I didn't think Gale would have so much influence on you" Katniss says.

"Oh shut up, like Peeta didn't make you more girly" Johanna defends herself. I laugh at them and without knowing it, we arrive at school.

I get out of the car and start walking with the girls when I get a message.

Unknown number : Don't think Finnick likes a girl like you. If he consoled you yesterday, it was out of pity. No one loves you and no one will ever love you.

I can feel tears coming to my eyes so I run to the bathroom. I lock myself in a cabin and cry. I know the girls are going to be looking for me, so after five minutes of crying I step out of the cabin and look at myself in the mirror. I look awful. The makeup I put on to hide my injurie on the cheek is gone, so I'm going to have to do it again. Except that I don't have time to do it again because Katniss comes in and gasps when she sees me. I burst into tears and run into her arms. She pulls me tight and I feel she's crying a bit too.

"What happened ?" she asks me.

Flash-back from last night

I open the door and run into Jason.

"What were you doing ?" he asks me, visibly upset.

"I was out with a friend. Why ?"

"Because I have to take care of you remember ?" he said and I laugh wryly.

"You've had to take care of me since Sophie. But as soon as you knew I wasn't going well you didn't try to help me, you just rejected me. So don't play the role of the good brother with me." I scream, and cry, bringing out all the anger I have had for him for years.