13) paradise

We pulled up to the beach behind my house. It was very secluded because nobody really knew about it. But I've known about it since is was a kid because I would explore a lot.

Charlie's short body plopped onto the floor when she got out of my car. She was so adorable.

Her blonde hair and big blue eyes melt me heart everytime I look at her. Is morning I was so tempted to kiss her, but I stopped myself.

She has been through a lot and I want to give her time.

I pulled our boards out of the trunk. Mine was dark blue and Charlie's was a light yellow. I'm guessing that is her favorite color because she has a lot of that color.

My feet hit the soft sand and the smell of the beach flooded my nose, automatically making me relax.

This beach is my safe place, whenever the gang gets too much, or my parents get too angry... I come here.

I heard her take a deep inhale. Her perfectly shaped nose was pointed towards the sun as she breathed out. Her face was facing the sun, causing her freckles to show even more.

Something about her automatically drew me to her.

When I found out something bad was happening to her, I tried to find as much information I could; but nothing. There is no trace of her anywhere.

"Race ya." She said and quickly ran towards the ocean.

No way am I letting her beat me. I pushed off my feet but she was already too far ahead. When we hit the water she let out a laugh.

Her adorable laugh.

All I wanted to do to do was pull her into my arms; to feel her soft tan skin.

She was wearing a white bikini that showed her body and I almost had to go take a cold shower when I saw her in it.

(This picture isn't her and is just showing the swimsuit)"I won

"I won." She splashed me, her smile showed her dimples.

"You got a head start." I splashed her back.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself to make you feel better." She shrugged and began to walk towards the shore again.

I wasn't going to let that happen. I gently picked her up and attempted to walk deep into the water. She was squirming the whole time but she didn't get away.

I made sure that she wasn't uncomfortable. By now, I can't tell when she doesn't like something. She has pulled away from me too many times for me not to know. Now I understand why she does that.

"Put me down!!" She laughed out. "Nope."

I threw her in the water and she instantly perked up and tackled me.

In the midst of play fighting, I noticed her breasts rubbing against my chest so I quickly put her back down.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." I made sure to get my bottom half more in the water.

Turning around, I saw someone walking down our boardwalk. Thomas.

What the hell is he doing here?

Ames face all of a sudden turned serious, so I tuned my head to look at what he was looking at

Thomas.

He was walking down their boardwalk with a brunette around his arm. Her long legs were in sync with his.

"Since when do you come here?" Ames sounded annoyed.

"Since this pretty lady said she wanted to go swimming." Thomas spoke into her neck and kissed it up and down.

Gross.

"Who is she?" The brunette spat.

Her obvious spray tanned skin was patchy and her swimsuit barely covered anything.

"This is Charlie." Ames answered.

"Oh so that's your name," Thomas looked me up and down. He really has no shame.

"It suits you."

After that he walked a little further down the beach.

"Let's surf." Ames said. Then he picked up his board and handed me mine.

We ran down the shore and into the ocean. It was extra sunny out today, and the water was the perfect temperature.

While swimming out further, we both looked around for some good waves to form. "The waves are nice today." He said.

I sat on my board. "Tell me about it,"

"It's nice to forget about things." I said.

He nodded. "Woah look at that wave right there!!" Ames pointed to a massive one.

"Race you to it." I splashed him. What? I like competition.

I laid down and paddled with my hands, trying to beat him to the big wave.

And I did just that. "Haha I win!!" I yelled.

Then found the perfect time to jump on my board and ride the wave. I felt like I was flying.

That's what I loved about surfing, the adrenaline but at the same time; the focus.

My head was clear and my mind was only on one thing; balance and technique.

Ames quickly trailed behind me. Eager to show him up, I did a reverse 360. That trick took me years to perfect but it never failed to amaze Carter.

When we finally rode out the wave, he paddled towards me. "You should go pro."

"I'm not that good." I nervously laughed.

"You have potential." He said, making me blush.

FOLLOW

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

XOXO