7) bruises

He lifted up my shirt and his face quickly saddened. There was a giant purple bruise covering the lower part of my rib. "How did this happen?"

"I fell."

His blue eyes trailed to my stomach and his faced softened when he saw smaller greenish bruises. "Who did this to you?"

"Nobody..I fell!!"

"Stop lying, this looks like it's been happening a lot." My eyes fluttered shut. I couldn't look at him. His face showed so much emotion and I couldn't handle it.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Just please tell me." He looked so concerned.

"I can't, he threatened to hurt my brother." I cried.

His finger slid across my cheek and caught some tears.

"I don't even know you, why would I tell you anything?" I quickly become suspicious. "I just want to help." He put his hands up in surrender.

"Ames you can't help me."

"Come with me." He picked my up and threw one of my arms over him.

"What are you doing? Where are we going? This is kidnapping!!" He walked us out of the school doors.

"Calm down, sunshine. You need to get your rib looked at."

"No!!! I can't!! They will ask questions just like you did!!" I tried to plead with him.

"Charlie, your seriously hurt. If you don't see a doctor, it will get worse."

He was right.

"But I don't have the money for it!!" I weighed my feet down to try and make him drop me. But he picked me up bridle style instead. "I'll pay."

"Absolutely not!! I barely know you!!"

"Well you can get to know me. Seriously sunshine, my parents are super rich and have extra money laying around." Ames argued.

Why was he being so nice to me?

"Fine. But I'll find a way to pay you back." He placed me in the passenger seat of his car and walked around to the drivers side. "Nope."

He is just as stubborn as Carter. OMG CARTER!! He going to wonder where I have gone. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted him that I went home sick and he needed to take Toby to his house. It wasn't unusual because we stayed there a lot. "What's so urgent?" Ames asked me, probably because I jumped up like a crazy person.

"I just needed to text my friend that I left sick and he needs to pick up my little brother from school."

"What's your brothers name?" The car started and we began driving to the hospital.

"Toby." I pursed my lip.

"Nice." He tapped on his steering wheel.

"Are you going to tell me who has been hurting you?" He was quite persistent on knowing. What's his game? He definitely didn't like me because John told me I was incapable of anyone liking me.