12) unlucky

I woke up in a panic. My feet flew off of a bed and I accidentally slammed into a wall, causing me to fall down in pain.

"Charlie!!" Ames said as he ran into the room. It was his room. Why am i here? Oh my gosh... John. TOBY!!

"Where's my brother?" I tried my best to push through the pain.

"Calm down sunshine, I dropped him off at your friend Carters house." He sounded sad.

I finally took a deep breath and calmed down.

Then I remembered... John was- he was going to-

"Your safe Charlie. He can't hurt you anymore." He tried to walk closer but I put my hands up in front of my body.

"Don't- don't come closer." I gulped.

My back softly hit the wall again.

Ames looked beyond sad. I don't need his pity.

"I wanna go home." I tried walking away but he stepped in front of the door. "You can't go back there. I called the police."

"YOU DID WHAT?!" I yelled.

"He was going to rape you, i couldn't let him get away with that; and all of the bruises on your body... they are from him aren't they?"

I didn't say a word. So he took that as a yes.

A long pause of silence filled the room and I could feel his eyes on me the whole time.

"What am I going to do? I'm an orphan now." I sat back down on his bed.

"I don't know." He sighed and sat next to me.

"Thank you for saving me." I said.

His blue eyes searched miles into mine. What they were looking for? I don't know. His thick eyebrows furrowed when I helplessly let out a tear.

He quickly caught it with his thumb. "Always." His fingers lingered on my face. The skin contact made me instantly pull away. "I'm- I'm still not used to-"

"It's okay. I understand," He interrupted me.

"You can stay here for as long as you want, your safe here. I promise."

I don't understand why he is always being so nice to me. I'm nothing but an ugly loner girl just like John used to say.

"Fine. But I will be checking on Toby a lot." I gave in.

A smile appeared on his face and I finally noticed his perfectly white teeth and smile lines. Wow he was gorgeous.

"Let me show you to your room." He said as he stood up.

"My room?!"

"Yes," He laughed. "Come."

I followed him out of his room and into the door right across from his.

He opened the door and I was amazed at how beautiful the room was.

It had white walls and a king size bed in the middle of the room. Fairy lights scattered across the headboard and I couldn't help myself but to touch the soft bedding.

The bed had grey begging and hints a pink as the pillows.

"It's all yours." Ames said, a smile from ear to ear was promptly on his face.