Operation Time

I wake up finding myself in my bed, I look at my alarm clock '10:00' it reads, I remember that Kristina is getting her operation today, at 12:00.

I jump out of bed and throw my black dress on, with a thick gold/silver belt, and put my nude sandals on again, those shoes are gorgeous I could wear them everyday. I then put natural makeup on. I throw my hair up in a messy pony tail, and make my way down stairs.

When I get into the kitchen I remember the pancakes I made a couple of nights ago. I take two out and spread jam all over them. Still eating healthy.

By the time I get in the car it's 10:45 I have lots of time, I text Jason to see where he is.

Lola: where are you do you need a lift?

Jason's: nah I'm good, I'm at the hospital waiting on you.

Lola: okay be 10 minutes

I start the engine of and drive to the hospital.

When I get there I look out for Jason's car, there's a space next to it so I park my car there. It's not very busy today, probably because it's Monday morning.

When I get in, I straight away see Jason standing at the reception.

"Boo" I say putting my arms around his waist from behind.

"There you are" he says turning around "come on we need to go" he takes me to the reception to sign in. The lady just told us to go to the children's ward, and they will be starting the operation early.

We say thanks and make our way to the children's ward. When we get there we see Jason's parents standing outside the ward.

"Hi" I say to them.

"Hi Lola, and Jason" Georgie says.

"How's Kristina?" I ask.

"She's fine but they'll be starting the operation in half and hour so the doctors and nurses are in now, getting her ready"

I take a seat next to Jason, and wait for us to see Kristina. We have been waiting for about 10 minutes now, till the nurse comes and tells us there starting the operation and we get to wish her good luck.

It's Jason's parents first and there only in for about 2 minutes, then it's me and Jason. When I go in I see Kristina lying in her bed with bags under her eyes.

"Hi Kristina" I say.

"Hi lola" she says sounding really tired. I watch as Jason walks over to the seat next to Kristina. He takes a seat then grabs her hand. I take a seat next to Jason, and look down at Kristina.

"Time up, we need to start soon" a doctor says popping his head through the door.

"You'll be alright" Jason says, kissing her on the forehead.

"See you soon" I say leaving the room with Jason. We both take a seat outside where her parents are, and watch as the room fills up with surgeons.

2 hours later

A surgeon comes out of the Kristina's room, looking over to where we are all seated.

"That's us done, it will be 10 minutes till you can visit" I turn my head to Jason and see a smile form on his face. We wait 10 minutes, and watch surgeons leave the room one by one. Until one comes out and tells us we can visit, Jason's parents go in first, then Jason and me. I see Kristina lying on the bed one leg out of her covers and one leg in her covers, she's still sleeping from the drugs.

We stay in there for a while and Kristina doesn't wake up. One of us call on the doctor, but he just said that she was very tired at the start, and the drugs have worn of she's just sleeping by herself.

"I think I might leave now, I need to help my brother with a couple of things" I say, and stand up. "Bye" I walk round the room and give Georgie a hug, and Larry gives me s kiss on the cheek, and I give Jason a kiss and a hug before leaving the room.

I close the door slowly so it doesn't make a load noise. I make my way outside the hospital and get in my car, before I could drive away I get a text from Fiona.

Fiona: could you meet me tomorrow at Starbucks?

Lola: yeah sure what for?

Fiona: it's about the wedding.

Lola: okay see you tomorrow

What would she like to talk to me about, I hope she doesn't say that she doesn't want to marry Taylor anymore. I think what it could be about, then I start the car up and drive back home.

_________________

Hello,
Thanks for reading my book, the next chapter will be the last, exciting.

Thanks, Cara📖❤️