Chapter 57

Alaiza

Alaiza

"Knock knock", Mike opens the door of my office and I immediately stood up to hug him.

"Where have you been? I missed you so so so so so so bad", He pouts when I pull away and I laugh.

"I've been busy lately, sorry", I tell him and he smiles at me.

"Since we haven't talked much, how about a lunch with me? Today ?", Mike asks me and I gave him a confused look.

"Only the two of us ?", I ask him and he shakes his head.

"Nah, Jack and Amanda wanted to tag along", Mike tells me and I nod.

"Of course, I'll meet you in the basement? Tell me when you're about to leave", I tell him and he winks at me and walks out. I went back to sit on my chair and a ghost smile appears on my lips. I'm just so grateful that I got to surround myself with amazing people like Nathan, Mike, Jack, Amanda, and Jess. I'm just so blessed to have these amazing people in my life and if you asked me, I wouldn't trade any one of those for anything.

Speaking about Jessie, I haven't talked to her for so long. I mean I have a few phone calls with her since I moved away from her apartment but we've never actually met and I'm lying if I say that I'm not missing her to death. Then an idea clicks into my head. I grab my cell phone and dial Jessie's phone number.

"Hey, baby boo", Jessie chirpy voice booms through the phone and I smile.

"I missed you so much", I tell her and I can already feel her nodding from the other side.

"I missed you too. We have never actually met since the day you left me, I wanted to hang out with you", Jessie fake crying to me and I laugh.

"Really when do you want to hang out then ?", I ask her and she was quiet for a moment before speaking.

"How about this weekend? At the mall ?", She asks me and I smile at the idea.

"I loved it, I'll see you then", I tell her and we both talk for a bit more before hanging up. I missed her so much, she is a very good friend of mine and actually seeing her after not meeting up for a very long time excited me to death.

For the next few hours, I buried my body with works and I eventually lost track of time. There are just so many emails, I don't even understand, like... what? I don't understand how can that many people can send that many emails. And that got me thinking if I get this much works, then I think Nathan is probably getting doubled my amount.

Poor baby

Talking about Nathan, he has been acting very strange. I don't even know what happened but I think it has something to do with that woman earlier in the morning.

My cell phone suddenly rings and I pick it up.

"Hello ?", I speak to the phone.

"Ey yo, it's Jack. Are you coming or are you gonna bail on us ?", Jack jokingly tells me and I laugh.

"I wish I can actually bail on you. Give me a moment to prepare my stuff, I'll meet you in the basement", I tell him and he laughs on the other line.

"Hurry up, we're hungry", Amanda shouts into the phone.

"We're hungry? More like you're hungry", Mike speaks and Jacks laughs out loud.

"Mike, you better eat back your word before I push it down your throat", Amanda clearly threatened Mike but Mike didn't say anything and I think that he ignored her, which made her even madder.

"MIKEEEE", Amanda screams out loud.

"You guys stop it, just sto-", the phone call suddenly ended and I put my phone on my table and laugh at what just happened. My friends are the weirdest but that's exactly why I love them.

I prepare all of my belonging and put it in my purse. I close the computer and turn off the air-conditioner before walking out. I walk into Nathan's office and knock.

"Yes, come in", Nathan lazily speaks, like he doesn't even want to says it. I open the door and walk in. He's currently writing something on a piece of paper as well as scrolling through something on his computer.

"Uh...Nathan, I'm going to get lunch", I tell him and he immediately drops his pen down and checks his watch.

"Oh wow, it's already noon. What do you want to eat? I can take you", Nathan stands up and puts on his jacket and make his way in my direction.

"I already have pla-", My sentence was cut short when Nathan pulls me into a hug. I close my eyes and absorb his manly scent. This is the scent that I can smell every single day.

"Why are you hugging me ?", I ask him and he just laughs.

"No reason, probably because I'm missing you", I tilted my head up so I can his facial expression. He's pouting again, omg he seems so cute while doing that.

"Nathan, it hasn't even been a day since we last met ?", I tell him.

"So what? I got no rights to miss my girlfriend ?", He asks me and I stay still, unsure of what to say.

"Anyway, what do you want to eat for lunch ?", He pulls away from the hug and looks at me.

"I already have pla-", My sentence was cut short once again when Nathan speaks up.

"I've known this restaurant that just opens. They serve Korean food. Would you like to try ?", He asks me.

"No, Nathan. I already have pla", my sentence was cut short yet again when Nathan speaks.

"or there is a Japanese restaurant. Do you want to eat Japanese food ?", He asks me and I groaned. Can I even finish my sentence, please?

"NATHAN, listen", I shout his name and he stays still.

"Thank you", I speak when I finally gather his attention.

"So Mike, Amanda, Jack and I decided to get lunch. So I can't go with you, I'm sorry", I tell him and he seems upset.

"Wait, who are they?", He asks me.

"They're my friends", I tell him.

"Oh, okay", He tells me.

"I'll go now, bye", I wave my hand but Nathan takes my hands and pulls me closer to him.

"Can I go with you guys then ?", He asks me.

"Are you sure? Because we're not that rich and fancy so we're probably just going to some normal restaurant not an expensive restaurant like you. Can you eat that type of food? It won't be good like the same restaurant you've been to before", I ask and he nods.

"Of course, if I can eat the food you cooked then I'll probably be able to eat the food they made", He shrugs.

"Wait, are you saying that the foods I cooked are bad ?", I ask him and his eyes widened.

"That was not what I meant. I swear", He quickly tells me.

"Yeah, only idiots will believe you", I tell him and walk to the elevator,

"Alaiza, are you mad at me again ?", He asks me and I pretend to put on a scowl on my face.

"Don't touch me", I tell him with my warning-voice and he immediately back away.

I'm going to have lots of fun pretending to be mad.

--------------

Thank you so much for reading. Support me by voting, commenting, follow me and share this story with your friends.

Thanks