Chapter 36

I just want to tell you that, I've finished writing this chapter and I closed my laptop. When I open it back, half of this chapter is gone so I have to rewrite it.

---------------

Alaiza

The rain was really heavy, I can't see a thing through the window.

Gosh! Just imagine the storm that's up ahead. I think that it's probably strong enough to tear this jet into two pieces.

"I talked with Brandon and he told me that we'll be landing in about 10 minutes. Due to the rain, it's really hard for the captain to see the way so hold on tight when we're landing", Nathan's voice came behind me, making me jump a little.

"Of course", I tell him.

"What about our clients? We have to cancel our appointment, right ?", I ask Nathan, slightly worried.

"It's okay. I already called them and they say it's fine. They just wish that we're saved. And since they're the one that request to meet us, I think that it'll be fine", Nathan speaks while looking at the window.

"The rain seems very strong", Nathan murmurs and I rolled my eyes.

You just noticed that?

10 minutes later, the jet starts going down and I gripped on my seat belt tightly. Who knows what will happen during this strong rain?

"We've landed, Alaiza", Nathan gets up from his seat and walk towards me.

"Are you okay ?", Nathan speaks when he got close enough. His voice is mixed with amusement and concern.

"Yeah", I speak, breathlessly. To be honest, I was beyond scared. Just imagine what will happen if the plane got crushed because of the strong rain...

No! You shouldn't think like that. Be positive, I tell myself.

"Doesn't seem like it. Your legs were shaking and your lips were...well, shaking too", Nathan speaks.

"I was scared, okay ?", I tell him, slightly annoyed.

"Oh okay, sorry", Nathan quickly apologizes.

"Sir. Since there is a very big rain outside. You wouldn't need people to lay a red carpet, right ?", Brandon, appearing out of nowhere, speaks.

"No, that's unnecessary", Nathan quickly dismissed Brandon off.

"You usually let people laid red carpet ?", I ask Nathan, shockingly.

"Well, yeah", Nathan speaks, like it's no big deal.

"Sir, there's a car waiting outside this. Please tell me when you're ready so I can open the door", Brandon speaks while walking toward the door.

"Are you ready ?", Nathan speaks and I nod.

We're not going on a mission, we're going to the hotel

Nathan nods at Brandon and Brandon opens the door. Nathan and I walk out of the plane and the rain hits my face at a fast pace. The wind is also very strong, it blows my hair into the opposite direction. Not an exaggeration but the wind almost blows me away but Nathan holds me tight, preventing the wind from taking me away. We both had a very hard time walking into the car due to the strong wind and rain.

After a few minutes later, Nathan opens the door and push me in with him following afterward. We both breathe out a breath of relief.

"Thank god", I murmur to myself. Even though we're both wet, I'm just glad that we're both safe.