Chapter 16

Heyy guys , miss me ? I know you do . I'm just kidding . Enjoy , thanks .

I smile at myself as soon I sent the last emails of the day

I smile at myself as soon I sent the last emails of the day . God , it took me like forever to finish all of those emails . Sometimes , I questioned myself why did I even chose this job . I can just get an easy job and asks my parents to send me money and that wouldn't be a problem but ..... I want to proof to my parents that I'm independent and I can make money on my own .

Ever since I moved out from the house , they checked up on me weekly , making sure that I'm ok and I'm safe . They even asked me if I have any problems with money and I told them ..... no .

Hell , even if I'm sitting on the street right now , I still wouldn't go back to them and ask them for help because I want to prove to them that I've grown up, I can take care of myself and I don't need their helps.

But in their eyes , I will always be their little girl and after they knew what they had done to me , they will totally regret it .

I looked at my left hand and see the scars . Scars that I made . I hurted myself . I did it to make sure that I remember the ........ that events. I forget things easily but I can't just forget it .

Someone open my door and I quickly covered the scars on my left hand with my shirt and stands up .

Nathan was smiling brightly at me , showing his dimples . GOD , his dimples . SO CUTE .

"Wassup ?", I ask him . Nathan look shocked for a moment but then it was replace with a big smile .

"Oh , I'm so sorry . I didn't mean to talk to you like that", I apologize to him . I shouldn't speak to him in an informal way like that . I'm so stupid .

"It's ok . I like it better when you speak to me in an informal way because it makes me think that we're close", Nathan winks at me and I looked at him in confusion . I was about to ask him what he meant but he cuts me .

"We're having a meeting in 10 minutes with a group of people. Get ready and go to room 204", Nathan winks at me again .

"Okay , Mr. Archer", I speak up and Nathan frowned immediately .

"Call me Nathan", Nathan speaks and a hopeful glint clearly visible in his eyes .

"Ok , Nathan", I called his name and he smile .

"Get ready", Nathan speaks and walks out with a smile .

I quickly grab my pen and walks out of the room and headed to the meeting room . As much as I hate talking to some weird businessmen , It's still a part of my job to smile and greet them .

I opened the door and see that some businessmen were already sitting and reading some files . I walk over to my the chair that has my name printed at the back and sit. I can feel eyes on me but i tried to ignore them and open the folder that was in front of me and read it carefully .

Mr. Archer , Nathan , walks in the room and scan the entire room . When it lands on me , he gave me a brief smile and walk toward the center of the room . He opens his folder and examines it .

******

10 minutes passed and the entire room was silence . No one dare to even open their mouth because if they'll face some consequences. At time like this , they know it best to shut their mouth.

"How does the rate drops so badly?", Mr.Archer's voice boomed through the room, making me and everyone else in the room flinched . Nathan look around the room for answers . When he doesn't get any , he groaned out loud and take his hands to cover his face and laugh out loud . When he took it off , an angry scowl was on his face . He punched the table so hard, I'm surprised that the table doesn't break.

"Get out , this good-for-nothing meeting is over", Mr.Archer muttered and people start to gather their things quickly , wanting to get out of this hell hole as soon as possible .

"But make sure that you'll work your lazy ass harder and make sure this rate will increase or I'll find the people responsible for this and you all know what will happen", Mr. Archer said in a deadly voice and look everyone straight in the eyes .

Everyone look at each other and quickly walk out off the room . They probably doesn't like to see and wanted to stay close to this side of Nathan . I know that business mean a lot to Nathan so I give him some time and space. I gather my belongings and walk out of the room and headed to my office with a frown on my face . I wish I can help him . I wish I can make him, somehow, feel better.

I sit on my chair and close my eyes . I haven't been able to close my eyes for a full 2 minutes until my computer beeps.

UGHHHHH !!!!

Work

------

Sorry for the long wait . But it's finally here . Hope you enjoy it though .Tell me what you think ( if you'll comment about the mistakes with grammars and spelling then don't because I already know it ) .

If you like it then please vote , comment , share and follow me .

Thank you so much .