Part 34

Alex looked around the pale right room. she sat up and grabbed her neck, it felt like a trail of fire ran down her veins. she stood up wincing. she looked around, as the pale room cleared she seemed to be standing in a different world. Annabeth walked out and smiled to her. 

"Annabeth, Where are we?" Alex asked

"In the space between. every time we are reincarnated the past life comes to live here." Annabeth answered. 

"So i'm dead?" she exclaimed. 

"In a sense yes, but also no. follow me." 

Alex walked slowly after. Annabeth led her into a small rose garden where four other young ladies sat on plush chairs. they all looked up and smiled.  the girl who stood first had red fiery hair that curled down her back to her knees. she was very pale and her violet eyes glistened happily. the second girl giggled and pushed back her short brown hair behind her ear. the last girl with dark hair and tan skin looked her up and down before going back to her book. 

"Meet your past lives." Annabeth said. 

the red head smiled and waved, she tried to talk but no sound came out of her mouth. she didn't seem to notice and waited patiently for Alex to answer.

"Why can't i hear her?" Alex asked.

"You will not be able to hear any of them until you truly die. it is just the way of things."

"And did all three of these girls fall in love with Thdiir too?" Alex asked.

"No, he doesn't know them. only you and i. they were killed too young and at an early age to worry about meeting the other kings and queens.  come along." she said. 

alex waved goodbye and the red head smiled and nodded. Annabeth led her off into a small hedge maze where she sat down at a bench. she patted the spot next to her and Alex sat. 

"It is dangerous for you to be here any longer. so far you have been asleep and in a trance that king Estrell put you under. normally people cannot break from it, but you are not a normal person." she said. 

"How am i supposed to wake then?"

"You will know when the time is right."

"The right time is now, tell me how i do it. i need to be out there!" Alex exclaimed hopping off the seat. 

"settle down i have information you need. Guinevere will try and break you all apart from the inside. you must not let that happen. the final battle is coming and if you want to break the cycle and kill her once and for all you must be ready." Annabeth urged.

"But if i break the cycle that means that you will truly die." Alex said. 

"I have lived for so long, watching from the side lines. i am ready to see my family." Annabeth answered.

"What do i have to do?" Alex asked quietly. 

Annabeth smiled and nodded.

"She will break you from the inside using your weaknesses you must strengthen them against temptation. Raphael can create special bracelets that help you withstand the temptation, but you need them quickly. while you do have a lot of military strength you must accept that she will have two times more." Annabeth said. 

"Where can we find Raphael?" 

"he will be traveling with Spain to England to for see the engagement between your younger sister and his younger brother. you must hurry though, he will only be there for a short period of time." Annabeth warned. 

"Don't worry we'll make it. now how do i get out of this place?" Alex asked. 

"You must break through the veil." 

"But how!"

"I don't know, each time it is different."

Alex paced back and forth before resting her hands on her hip. she felt the hilt of a blade. looking down she grasped the sword and pulled it out. she looked back up to Annabeth how nodded and smiled. there was a glimmer to the exit in front of them, Alex took a step back before sprinting at the veil. she screamed as she cut through the veil like a thin cloth. it enveloped her and she tumbled through the white cream. 

she grabbed the sword beside her bed and roared in protest while sitting up. her eyes slowly opened as she smiled, seeing that she had made it through. 

"Alex!" Thdiir exclaimed. 

Elena ran in hearing all the commotion. 

"Alex!" Elena exclaimed "I thought you were dead!"

"Quickly call in the other leaders. we need to move fast." Alex ordered hopping out of the bed with new found strength.

the others looked at her in awe as she stormed to her closet and puled out a dress.

"But you just woke up!" Elena exclaimed. 

"Doesn't matter, i have a solution to finally putting an end to this damn war. hurry!" she snapped. 

Elena  nodded and sprinted out of the room. 

"I thought you wouldn't wake!" Thdiir exclaimed. 

Alex smiled and pulled him close, resting her head on his. she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 

"i have found a way to finally kill Guinevere, you must trust me." she whispered.

he nodded gently and she pulled away. she left him standing at the foot of her bed as she went to change.