Part 19

a picture of Nethrol above

once all the smoke cleared Alex sat up, she blew a golden strand from her face and looked up to see a giant red dragon looming over her. it's claws were long and sharp while it's eyes were a bright gold, like hot melted gold. they looked over her and her friends. Al smiled and walked over to the dragon patting one of it's leg muscles.

"This is My Dragon Nethrol, and i am his Rider." Al introduced with a smile.

Thdiir helped Alex up and she dusted her skirt before staring at Nethrol in awe, never had she seen such a big dragon. he looked to her with the same curiosity, Al climbed on top of him and only then did she notice the saddle.

"Well, are you coming or not?" Al asked from above them.

"I would rather take a portal My lord." Nuomor answered with a small nod as he created a small portal.

"We have horses waiting for us on the other side of the cave." Jonathan stated.

"Oh, very well, gather your horses, i will meet you out there." Al stated before Nethrol took off out of one of the large windows.

Nuomor smiled and motioned for them to follow him through the portal, it zapped them to their horses and they were able to get mounted and riding before Al appeared. he flew above them as they all rode back to the town below. Sapphire pointed out the passage ways they had to take and they followed each one of them, making their trip through the fog quicker. by the time they rode out of the valley it was dark and the horses were almost begging to stop. Alex tied Tuor up and walked to the fire pit Arthur and Thdiir were making. she smiled and picked up a few twigs, throwing them into the fire, it crackled to life sending little flames up into the air before it grew.

Al and Nethrol landed a few feet away and came to join them by the fire. Alex soon found that Al loved to complain about everything.

"What is this? a birthday candle!?" Al whined at the fire they had made.

"No, it is a small fire." Elena mumbled.

"Nethrol can make a bigger fire than this, he should do it.

"No, we don't want to alert anything that we don't want." Arthur quickly countered.

"Why have we stopped, do we need to? it is vastly ugly out here." Al answered with a grimace.

"The horses needed to rest." Henry answered.

"Horses are pathetic creatures, so where do i sleep?"

"You sleep over there, next to your dragon on the ground like the rest of us!" Elena snapped.

"You do not think i am going to be sleeping on the floor do you?!" Al answered mortified.

"Yes we do, and until we make it back you will be sleeping on the floor." Elena hissed throwing him the smallest blanket they had.