Part 26

Arthur looked around, images of Nuomor casting magic floated in sparkling golden orbs. the portal seemed to last longer than most did. he looked ahead to his brother who were gasping in awe any chance they got. he smiled and soon he saw the opening, they exited into the court yard of a unrecognizable palace but it still felt familiar. he dismounted and looked around the place, white pillars were stacked along the court yard leading to the door like a temple.

the others dismounted first before Arthur followed their lead, the great doors of iron opened and a few warlocks stepped out, bowing as they passed by. Arthur froze in his spot seeing a faint image of a young child running by. laughing.  the boy ran around him three times, calling out to him before he disappeared. he looked up to Sapphire who seemed to see the same ghost of a child. Thdiir smiled and pushed him forward, into the white castle that gleamed with life.

the stones had lines of gold and tortoise that snaked patterns across the floor. Elena gasped which made him look up to the Crystal and gold chandelier in the middle of the great hall. there thrones were re-built, with different stones and color outlining the edges or in patterns. Thdiir gently pulled at Alex to follow, he led her to one of the first thrones on the right. it had small celtic knots in them that were a dazzling Garnet. she smiled and giggling, sat down in it. Thdiir laughed and stood behind her. it was clear which throne was meant for Lucas, his was dead center, or as best as it could be since there were only eight thrones. he had gold, engraving on his'. he walked over and traced the words before sitting down in it.

"I never thought i would see the day.." Jacob whispered behind Arthur.

Elena laughed out and ran to her throne, it had small  clear quartz stones inside it. she sat laughing, Jonathan smiled softly and sat next to her on his throne of black Onyx. Henry grinned and walked over to the throne made of malachite, he sat still grinning. Sapphire nudged Arthur from behind urging him on.

"Aren't you going to try your new seat?"Jacob asked with a grin.

Arthur nodded and walked up to one of the last thrones in the line. it was outlined in bloodstone, he sat down in it and found it surprisingly comfortable and familiar. his family and Sapphire crowded around him, oohing and ahhing. he smiled and looked to the other's in their chairs.

"Do you like it?" Nuomor asked swaggering in.

"Like it? we adore it!" Elena exclaimed.

"I am glad to hear, we had all the best architects come and try to fix it up again, but i must admit that the rooms needed new decorating and style." Nuomor stated.

"How many rooms does this place have?" Jonathan asked looking around.

"a lot, one for each of your families to stay in and in habit while others for guests and royal officials who come to your courts." Nuomor answered.

"Families? we are going to have children?!" Jonathan asked.

"Ah, yes, that is a matter you all must decide with your spouses and i have to talk to you later. anyhow, i am glad you like it. all your old things have been moved up to your rooms so that you can see better your old belongings.

"You have rooms even for us?" Gwain asked.

"Of course we do! now i, should i show you all to your rooms?" he asked.

after a very long tour of the entire palace they finally made it to the wing where their rooms were. Arthur thought that Nuomor got lost himself and was trying to make an excuse for not knowing the way, but who could blame him? the palace was bigger than anything Arthur had ever seen, even when it was broken he didn't know how many rooms it carried.

"And here we are, your rooms. Lady Elena, Alex and Sapphire, your rooms are right next to each other at the other end of the hall. Lord Lucas, Thdiir and Arthur, yours are exactly across from theirs in the exact order i said. Lord Gwain, Jacob and Sean your rooms are located next to Arthur's and Lord Henry and Jonathan your's are next to the girls. i hope you find it all to your liking, change what you wish. if you are to ever need me i am up those flight of stairs in the tower." Nuomor stated before walking up the stairs into his tower.

Arthur shrugged and soon they each ran into their own rooms. Arthur looked around, red velvet draps were drawn back from the window. a soft animal skin on the floor by the fire place. around it was two large armchairs that one could sink into with a good book. the bed was giant with wooden pillars that went a little above him. the covers and sheets were all soft and thick, as if it could get cold. at the foot of his bed was his trunk, it was no longer dusty. he walked to it and opened it seeing all of his new yet old things. he pulled out armor and set it onto the bed, out he pulled a thick cloak that went to his knees. he set that aside and continued to dig, there were more and more tunics and pants and one pair of nice leather boots but at the very bottom was a small wooden box. he pulled it out and looked at the small latch that locked it shut. he tried to open it and it broke, inside he saw a few locks of hair with name tags wrapped around to keep them all together. he pulled out out and looked at the dark brown hair the name was faded and old and hardly readable but he recognized it was a woman's writing. he smiled and set it back into the box before burring it again into the clothes.