Part 16

"And then with my needle in tow, i sewed up her finger that she had cut open and i saved the day!" Sara exclaimed, proudly.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, and giggled with Arthur. it had been a few days since the return of Brenin and Ethiel and already they were on the healing side. Sara had loved to tell Brenin the adventures (that were highly exaggerated) of the sewing parlor, though it was true that she did sew up a girl's finger, it was no more than a deep cut. everyone could tell Sara was trying to impress Brenin, and he seemed to love to hear of her stories. like usual Brenin was laughing at something Sara had said, and Ethiel was trying to help Elizabeth but she would gently push his hands away and tell him to rest. Elizabeth was a strong willed girl, who preferred to be on her own and do things on her own, Ethiel seemed to like her for that reason and did everything he could to be part of what she was doing.

"So you sewed up a girl's finger because she accidentally cut it off with scissors?!" Brenin asked, suppressing a smile.

"Yeah, it went sort of like that. did i ever tell you the time when Sean was picked on?" she asked excitedly.

"I didn't know he was." Arthur stated.

"you were gone at that time. so there we were, minding our own business, digging through the trash when all of a sudden other kids are trying to fight us for the same loaf of bread we found. one kid was pulling my hair and trying to get my clothes off so i kicked him in the weak spot and bit his arm! Sean was fist fighting the other kid and the other kid seemed to be winning, until i jumped in and bit his leg!" she exclaimed proudly.

"You bit him?!" Brenin exclaimed.

"Drew blood, even i did." she nodded proudly.

"It did not happen like that, you needed the help and i went to help you." Sean said with a sigh as he entered.

"I still bit them, got blood in my teeth and everything. we taught them never to mess with the Jimson kids." she answered.

"And how old were you at the time?" Brenin asked.

"oh, this was two weeks ago, i am fourteen, turning fifteen soon." she answered.

Elizabeth sighed while the others stopped and looked at her to see if she was joking. Sean nodded that what she said was true.

"one of them got my teeth marks for the rest of his life!" she stated

"Sara! get down stairs and help Mary out, right now, no one wants to hear your stories." their mother demanded.

"But-"

"No buts."

"Fine." Sara said glumly walking to the door, as if she were a dog being kicked out.

"Maybe later, you can tell me." Brenin answered.

this made her mood swing high and she nodded and skipped out of the room.

"Sorry, she's a young lass. tell me Master Marus, how old are you" his mother asked.

"I am 16, turning 17 very soon." Brenin answered.

"You seem older, Sean is 16 too. Elizabeth, darling would you please go down stairs and gather your sisters? it is our family's turn for the bath house." their mother asked.

"Of course ma." Elizabeth said before leaving.

Arthur nodded for Sean to follow and they went down stairs to meet up with the others. since they were there, each family got a turn in the bath house until the water could be moved from underground to each home. they each got a manner of bathing suit so that they were not completely naked for the bath house had two sides, one for each family. Duli stood next to Mary, telling her about the proud dwarves and she smiled.