Part 9

Arthur woke Sapphire up a little past dawn, they made their way down stairs to find the pub quiet other than the sound of snores from drunk men who were too drunk to leave. he walked up to the stand to see the plump woman cleaning some cups, she smiled. he paid for their room before they quickly left, Sapphire yawned, reminding Arthur of how tired he really was. 

"We're about three days rid to Niñeth, do you think you can hold on that long?" he asked her. 

"I think so, yes, i can." she stated proudly. 

he smiled and climbed on Shad before pulling Sapphire up behind him. they rode out of the town as fast as they could, Arthur didn't want to waist time on a simple village he would probably never see again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the course of days passing Alex had fully healed and was feeling a lot better. Guinevere had acted like she had done nothing, though everyone knew that she had. Alex walked next to her sister, down the cold stone halls. 

"I know it would be a lot to ask, but would you come with us to Niñeth? i promise nothing bad will happen to you, and you can even bring Calum." Amanda suggested. 

"Alright, i will." Kathrine replied. 

"What? aren't you gonna say something agaisnt it?" Amanda asked stopping. 

"No, i know how much this means to you, besides i could use some time away from here. Calum too, he's always stressing out about petty things like if the new baby calf has gotten enough to eat. honestly i think he thinks it is training for when our child comes." Kathrine replied with a small laugh. 

"i can imagine that." Alex replied. 

"A lot of people can, so when are you planning to set out?" Kathrine asked. 

"tonight, if that is alright with you." she answered. 

"I guess i will go pack our bags." Kathrine answered with a smile. 

Alex nodded happily, that for once their plan was going into play like how she wanted it to be. she looked down the hall to see Thdiir talking to Calum who looked so anxious.

"oh no, i better see what that is all about." Kathrine mumbled. 

Calum, saw them walking and almost instantly he relaxed a little. Thdiir smiled at Alex, and she blushed. Calum began to tell that the calf he had been taking care of had been eaten by wolves. 

"Darling, i am sorry i know how much you loved the little creature." Kathrine answered hugging Calum. 

"Herbert, his name was Herbert." Calum stated. 

"And Herbert is in a better place now, how about you ask Kathrine what i asked you about?" Thdiir suggested. 

"oh yeah, Kathrine darling, it seems like they need your help. i wondered if we could travel to Niñeth to help them." Calum asked. 

"i was about to ask you the same thing!" she exclaimed. 

"So yes?" he asked. 

"of course, Amanda wants me to go, i guess we'll start packing." Kathrine stated. 

"When were we planning to leave?" Calum asked. 

"Tonight."

"Tonight? i guess we have to get ready!" Calum exclaimed. 

in a few hours everyone was ready and packed. Alex walked down the hall to meet with the others in the court yard when she ran into Nicolas, he had a giant bandage wrapped around one eye. he looked to her, his face broken. 

"Nicolas?" she asked. 

"Hello Amanda, i see you are all leaving." he answered. 

"What happened?" she asked. 

"To my face? got into a bar fight, Andrew had to break it up. he's out right now trying to make amends." he answered looking back out the window. 

"Nicolas, it was good seeing you again. i fear this might be the last time i see you." she answered. 

"I know, it's been good knowing you. don't forget you're sword skills. " he answered with a smile. 

"I won't." she answered before leaving. 

Thdiir waited for her, holding the reins to Tuor, he smiled and handed them to her. she thanked him and jumped on Tuor, Kathrine and Calum rode in on horses and Alex smiled seeing Calum fussing over if she was comfortable enough. Thdiir jumped on behind her and Alex started the party back into the West woods. they traveled for a maximum of five days, with a few Elven guards to add to Calum's forces. 

King Edward had left Niñeth in worse condition than before. Kathrine and the others gasped at the ruin, on many stones there were burn marks like Edward had wanted to start the whole thing on fire.

"Where's Arthur?" Henry asked, grimly. 

"I hope he wasn't caught in this." Elena replied. 

"What now?" Jonathan asked. 

"Well, it's quiet clear that Arthur is dead so i guess we all go home. good spending these past days with you all." Guinevere answered rudely.

"Excuse me, our friend was probably torched to death and you just want to skip back to your old home? how cold and dead are you inside?!" Elena snapped. 

"Both of you stop, we don't know that Arthur is dead. let us wait at least three days until we make any judgements. besides we haven't even searched the place." Lucas added. 

 "Lucas is right, i'm going to have a look around." Alex said, glaring at Guinevere. 

Alex urged Tuor into a steady trot and they trotted out of the tensed circle. there was no way Arthur was Dead, he couldn't have been. yet there was still that small part of her that told her that he was, she ignored that half and walked around. Thdiir pointed out small things here and there about what used to be there, and Alex came to remember a lot of the castle in it's former glory. 

they camped there for three days and three nights, waiting and searching for any sign that Arthur had made it out alive but there were none. not until the fourth day as everyone was getting ready to leave did they hear a faint whinny.