Part 23

the men were lined up in rows, each heavily armored and ready to fight. Arthur could see them shaking, for there was a small rumble of Armor on armor. he sighed and looked back out to the battle field were it would all happen. Guinevere's forces were gathering and already appearing at the brink of the woods. most of her men were shifters with different faces of creatures and men. the English flags were also there, and the men were even more loud. they yelled and cursed, wanting to make the others scared. most of all it worked, his men were frightened beyond belief. so far only the few Warlocks who could come were there and the rest were Dwarves and men from the village. the elves had not come yet, neither had Al and his men. Arthur was beginning to fear that they were already out matched.

"Don't worry, my kin will come." Thdiir stated next to him, already dressed in his shinny elven armor.

Etheil, Brenin and Hannar stood behind him, all equally dressed and ready for the fight ahead.

"but what of the others" Arthur asked.

"Have a little bit of faith, they will come." Thdiir answered.

Arthur turned to see Alex running up to them, her blonde hair was braided back and she wore armor. Thdiir grinned and walked up to her, she whispered something and he nodded before leaving. she looked to Arthur and smiled.

"What was that all about?" he asked.

"Nothing much, just told him that Nuomor had a message for him." she answered.

"Did Nuomor do the thing with you?" Arthur asked.

"The Thing? what thing?"

"You know, the thing he does and shoots you back into the past. or something like that." Arthur replied.

"Oh, that thing, yeah he did."

"What did you see?"

"mine was really short, i saw each of us sitting on thrones in this giant marble castle. each of us had different flags behind out thrones with different symbols and we looked happy. of course Guinevere was not there." she answered.

"Alex, can i tell you something." he whispered.

"What?"

"i feel as if we are going to lose this battle." he answered.

"Why? because you see how gruff my father's men look? and the different faces of beasts are echoing on their faces? please, my father's men have all the same weakness, the armor by their neck is weak. the shifters you stab in the heart, don't worry, we will win. we have to." she replied.

Henry rode up to them on a brown horse and handed them the reins of Shad and Tuor. Arthur and Alex mounted quickly, Arthur watched as Sapphire rode out with Elena. both equally armored and ready. Sapphire carried with her a large ax on her back and two smaller ones at her sides. Elena carried a simple bow and a few arrows. Alex rode over to them, Arthur smiled and nodded. he didn't want Sapphire near the fight, Duli rode up in a small chariot led by two hairy ponies.

"Duli, you have come to fight!" Arthur teased.

"Of course i would have! what did you take me for, a coward?" Duli exclaimed.

Arthur laughed, Duli gave a small smile and nodded. Lucas and Jonathan soon rode out onto the field and stood next to Henry who stood next to Arthur. he looked at the line he and his friends were forming. the girls stopped talking and sat up straighter, prouder. in any other culture it could have been considered a disgrace but these girls were fiery and could hurt anyone as quick as the next man.

"Arthur!" Sean yelled

Arthur turned to see his younger brother stumbling up to him in armor that was too big for him. Arthur smiled and rode over to Sean, who lifted his helmet so he could look up to Arthur.

"What are you doing here SEan?" he asked.

"I've come to fight, everyone else is already here." he stated.

"Good luck then, don't get hit okay?" Arthur asked.

"I won't."

"Alright, go stand with the other men in the middle, we need strong men to back up the others." Arthur ordered.

Sean nodded and stumbled off back in the direction he came from.

"Arthur, it's time." Henry stated.

Arthur looked back to see Guinevere's men riding forward and beginning to form lines of their own. he looked to the sky wanting Al and his men to come in any moment, but they did not come. he sighed and rode up to his friends.

"the men are split into 9 companies, each of us are in charge of one. i will lead the first company forward once she begins it. Alex i want you to take the back company and try to sneak around so that we can attack their side. Jonathan you do the same except on the other side. once we've got us three on the move, Lucas i want you to take the middle party and follow after. if we attack her strongest men first we can easily take down the weaker ones. Elena and Sapphire lead your groups in through the sides but make sure they are ready. everyone else will advance forward, make sure that your lines stay lines as best as they can be. go stand at your sections, when i make the first move, go. we cannot waste time, and if someone looks scarier take them out." Arthur ordered.

"My father's men have a weak spot, at their necks and at their arms. if you are lucky there is a small area on the back of their neck that is very weak. the shifters can really only die if you get their heart." Alex added.

"And come back alive, good luck to all of you. see you in the end." Arthur replied.

they all nodded and rode off into different directions waiting and preparing. Arthur looked back at his frightened men that watched him. he smiled and drew his sword casting it into the air as if they had already won. they began to cheer, fear already leaving them. he looked back to Guinevere's armies and tired to not think of the worst. a few of her men held flags of a golden fox with scratch marks over it's face.

small horns blew, and Guinevere's men began to march. Arthur held up his blade and pointed forward before urging Shad on. his men began to march behind him, stomping as hard as they could. his mind froze, now seeing that if they had archers they would be at a better stance with arrows flying in and killing a few of the men already. he sighed wishing he had thought that through.

"Now or never." he mumbled.

Shad charged into a gallop straight ahead, his men now sprining behind him. most of his men were men but a few were dwarves who had small tricks up their sleeves.

Arthur was suprised by the sudden fall of arrows, coming from their side. he looked back to see the elvish armor shining as they emerged from the trees. he grinned and silently thanked Thdiir's sister. elvish horns blew and they marched along side Thdiir's group of men, following behind Arthur.

he yelled out in joy and clashed into the first shifter, plunging his sword into it's heart. he hacked away at the men in front of him, his men yelled a battle cry and began to cut through.