Part 17

Arthur stood on the front of the round table, he never knew how ironic it would be. him and his knights and friends around a round table. Elena sent him a glare and he snapped out of his thoughts.

"What, what did you say, sorry." he stamered.

"i told you he wasn't listening. urg! the plan is to get the Warlocks on our side!" Elena snapped

"Honestly i don't think we need them, we have elves, dwarves, men, we don't need anyone else!" Henry stated.

"And would you rather have Guinevere get to them first and get her hands on magic? no, i didn't think so!" Thdiir exclaimed.

"Look, all i am saying is that i think we have enough troops." Henry said with a huff.

"No we don't." Arthur stated.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"We don't have enough troops, we have a few rebels, who knows how many elves and few Dwarves. we need all the help we can get, even if we were to get our hands on a large amount of Elves, dwarves and men, it wouldn't be enough. those creatures that she has, multiply like cockroaches, we are already at an disadvantage." Arthur answered.

"So we go to the Warlocks, and what if they say no? then what?!" Henry yelled, slamming his fist on the table.

"Then we find another alliance." Arthur hissed.

"And i hear they have an amazing assortment of liquor and ale, and their wine is even better." Elena said.

Henry's eyes widened at the sound of that. his hard features melted away and a smile played at his lips. Arthur rolled his eyes and sighed before nodding.

"Well, i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask them." Henry answered.

"Only problem, we don't have any idea where they are at." Alex pipped up.

"They're in the Northern mountains." Sapphire answered.

they all stopped and turned to look at her, surprised that she would know anything at all about them. she hadn't been there before and wondered when she had appeared and for how long she had been standing there.

"What you didn't know? the Riders are even up there, it is the passage to the blessed island." Sapphire added, her face growing with worry.

"How long will it take to get there?" Lucas asked.

"i dunno, probably a few days by horse back." she answered.

"Then we should go right away!" Elena exclaimed.

"But we need a guide, the Labyrinth is no easy way and in this time of year there is going to be a great deal of snow." Sapphire said thinking about it.

"Do you know the way to the Labyrinth?" Jonathan asked.

"I do, we had maps in the Mine, maps that showed all the places in the world. many of us studied them so that if we got out we could bargain our knowledge of roads with our lives. it didn't work most of the time but i have all sorts of passageways memorized." she answered.

"Then you can lead us there! if we are lucky there will be someone there who knows the way!" Henry exclaimed.

Arthur nodded and smiled at Sapphire, she blushed and swayed back and forth. there was a small dingling of bells and the flutter of wings behind his head. he turned to see the open door way, but he sensed someone's presence there. the others had taken Sapphire to the corner and were making her sketch out a map. he slipped out side and followed the noise as it got louder and louder, he stopped suddenly at the edge of the forest.