Part 24

the fighting seemed to last for hours, as the day slipped on. it seemed that Arthur's plan was working and with the additional help of the elves and dwarves they were actually standing a chance. she ducked as a man yelled and swung at her head he was off balance with that move and she took the chance to stick him through. he gagged and fell to the ground. dry blood speckeled her face and armor. she looked up to see Sean fending off his own attacker, she had made a silent promise to watch out for Arthur's siblings, to make sure they were alright. Gwain was just a few feet ahead fighting on with his brothers Jacob and Lance. she pushed her way to Sean and cut through the man he didn't know was behind him.

"Oh, Alex!" he exclaimed.

"Watch your back!" she ordered, stabbing another person.

the closer she payed attention to Sean's fighting the more she realized he was knocking the men out, not killing them. she gave him a confused look and stabbed through another man. he shrugged and kept fighting.

"Can't kill a man, boy? you scared?!" a man teased Sean.

Sean froze, and Alex stabbed the other man to quiet him. she shoved Sean out of his daze and he went back to knocking the men out. Elena appeared out of the blue screaming in rage and she brought down her dagger on someone's head. Jonathan was next charging through, Duli followed after on his chariot that was doing a lot of damage. they both ran by, Duli crushing the fallen shifters under his wheels while Jonathan knocked them to the ground.

a giant roar echoed around the entire camp, making the fighting lessen. Alex looked up to see in the distance a large red creature. she grinned seeing Al coming to the rescue with his fleet of dragons. they passed over head, she heard her men cheering as the dragons flew out dropping boulders on their enemies. their small victory was short lived, a few more experienced shifters shifted into large serpents that toward high. she sighed in frustration as the Snakes began to try and bite the dragons from out of the sky. the elves shot their arrows which angered the snakes even more. Nethrol breathed a large amount of red fire into one of the faces of the Snakes which ended up killing one. the body fell on a large amount of men, good and bad. Alex ran past ducking under flying arrows and under swinging swords as she made her way closer to a snake. this one was a bright blue with stripes and it hissed out. already there were arrows latched into it's scales. she jumped onto the swinging tale and began to climb making sure she didn't get thrown off.

most of the arrows were not lodged in right so they broke away when she tried to grab them but there were a few stable ones that worked. she hauled her self up, her sword in it's sheath banding at her side. the snake hissed with came out more like a roll of thunder and Nethrol zipped by distracting it while she climbed. she could see Al sitting in his saddle swinging his sword about and yelling out orders. when she finally made it to the top of the snakes head, it had finally noticed her. it swung it's head wildly trying to get her off. she grabbed onto one of the loose strong arrows and got her footing. she hung tightly and again began to climb. this snake had she pulled her small knife out and jabbed it into the side of it's head, using that as a better hold. it yelled out in pain, it's hiss echoing a female scream. she drew her sword next and stabbed it deeper and higher, pulling herself up. when she was standing directly on top of it, she sheathed her blade into the snake's head. it froze dumb founded for only a moment before it began to drunkenly swing around. she leaned all her weight to the left and to the enemies side as the snake's head fell. she held on tight and heard Thdiir scream her name as she fell straight into the enemy lines.

she began to fight them off, a circle had now formed around her, shifters yelling cursed and trying to prick her with their swords. Gwain and Sean appeared and jumped in, followed by Elena who was not happy. Alex smiled seeing all the support she was receiving and continued on. her father's men marched forward, she was beginning to slow. her muscles ached with so much swinging but she kept going on, she yelled out bringing her sword down.

"FALL BACK!" one shifter yelled.

the message echoed across the entire feild and soon the shifters were running back to the trees. the giant snakes were shrinking and the dragons were torching them. a few stayed up and smashed a lot of the enemy men by accident. Alex cheered out in victory and got a few more men as they fled. Gwain and Sean were hugging and jumping up in down, both glad to be alive. Alex nodded and pushed both boys back to the village. half way there Arthur appeared, racing into his brother's arms and hugging them both.

"you're alive!" they all exclaimed at the same time, which resulted in laughter.

Sapphire appeared, also bloody and smiled proudly. Alex nodded and sighed ready to leave and get rest.

"Alex!" Thdiir yelled.

she looked behind her to see Thdiir running up to her a mix of anger, and joy in his face. she smiled and he stormed up, obviously upset with her.

"What were you thinking?! you could have been crushed under that snake!" Thdiir yelled.

"it was doing a lot of damage so i thought 'why not take it down.'" she answered.

"You-urgh! come here !" he yelled pulling her into a tight hug.

she smiled, his armor seemed lighter than hers and she wanted to ask where he got it. he sighed and pulled away, stroking her cheek with his fingers.

"I'm glad you're alright, i don't know what i would have done." he whispered.

she smiled and nodded. she turned just in time to see Arthur kissing Sapphire, her smile grew and she silently walked off. his brothers were giggling, and she joined in. Arthur pulled away scowling and blushing, Sapphire seemed in a daze and smiled wistfully.

"ARTHUR!" Sean screamed.

she turned to see Sean running up to them, tears were running down his cheeks. Arthur froze in fear and ran to his brother. once it was clear ARthur was following Sean turned and ran into the village, the others at his heels.

Mercy's  battleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara