Part 12

no body was thrilled with going to England, Arthur most defananlty wasn't. a few of them thought it would be fun and lighten the mood but Arthur knew they just needed a change of scenery. so he didn't say anything, they followed Thdiir and Alex out of Niñeth. the plan was to find rebels who hated the king to join their side to then eventually go against Guinevere by telling them what she had done. Jonathan said that they needed to go back to his kingdom so that he could tell Gwen's parents and family what had happened to their daughter, but no body was thrilled to do that either. so going to England won the vote, Arthur wasn't in the mood to show Sapphire the place he had grown up in even though she explained it would be exciting. the lower side of England was not exciting, it was the place whorehouses and drunk bastards who beat their wives and children lived. where there was more shit on the floor than mud, and where if you died no one would pick your body up until the next shift which took about two weeks. children were hungry or being sold as slaves by their parents, adults were doing the worse jobs possible. the only good thing was that there were mixed races, which meant mixed stories. 

an older gentleman who Arthur had admired had come from Africa, after some kind of health problem he lost his sight but he would often tell Arthur and the other street children what it was like to fight. Arthur loved hearing the stories and would stay to listen to everyone of them, even if he had already heard it. but then one cold night the old man passed away and they had to leave his body there for the dogs and animals since they had no means of burring the man. That was the kind of place Arthur had lived in. the others had never known what true poverty looked like, nor how it was. he thought it was funny how they complained about sleeping under the stars and being cold and hungry, because they didn't really know what true starvation felt like. or how true frost would nip at you and one would be worried that you wouldn't be able to last the night. where disease was so thick you could practically swim in it. 

Sapphire sighed happily and leaned her head against his back as she got comfortable. he gave a small smile that she was there, it seemed when she was around she would always lighten the mood with encouraging words. Jonathan had become silent, rarely talked, only when he had to, and no one had bothered him about it. it was hard losing a friend but even harder losing a loved one. 

"What time do you think we will be getting there?" Sapphire asked sleepily. 

"Not for a couple of days, a few days traveling into Wales and then to England." Arthur answered 

"Is Whales pretty?" she asked. 

"I like to think it is." Arthur answered. 

she nodded against him and he smiled patting her hand. with a sigh of defeat he got ready for their terribly long journey.