Part 21

Arthur rode up to Henry and Thdiir who were already looking out to the valley bellow.

"I never thought the day would come when i would fight in a war." Henry sighed

"Get used to it, as a king this is all you will ever know." Arthur stated.

Henry sent him a glare but nodded. in the distance they could see the russle of trees as Guinevere's forces rode up, it would take them a while to get to the city but it still didn't give them enough time. Sean ran up grinning and nodded.

"Everyone has gathered like you wanted." Sean said out of breath.

"Thank you, come on, we've got to tell everyone about this." Arthur replied Grabbing Sean and helping him on the back of Shad.

Henry led them off to the town square where the others were already waiting. the people were gathered along side with some dwarves. Duli was there also and had a frown on his face. Arthur smiled and dismounted after Sean did. he made his way to Duli and patted him on the back.

"I am sorry to steal you away from  my sister, but this is important." Arthur whispered.

"I know or else i would be in bed right now." Duli snapped.

Arthur laughed and nodded walking up to the small stage, Henry and Thdiir followed. from up there he could see the others in the back watching him. Lucas smiled and nodded and Sapphire was still beaming. images of what he had started to do before flooded him mind and he smiled sheepishly until Henry gave him a sharp push.

"What? oh, right. Citizens, Friends, we gather on the eve of battle! we don't have much of a choice, you've fled from a ruler who hates you only to come to a battle. the woman who causes this fight wants to enslave you all, to force you to bow to her! but we are a strong people, we are a people who do not bow to trash like her! i ask of you, send anyone you can to help fight, for we are low in numbers and with out your help we have no chance at freedom!" Arthur proclaimed.

whispers and mumering errupted from the crowd of people making it sound like a sea. Arthur looked back to Henry and Thdiir who nodded for him to continue.

"The Elves come to our aid, the Warlocks and Dragon Riders too! we are not cowards! we will not let them come and see us hiding in fear! when they come they will see the strength that man has to offer! they will see a powerful people, a people who fight on what they believe in! fight for your chance at a new life, a life of freedom and of peace." Arthur yelled out.

he looked down and saw his family in the crowd, his mother was crying in joy. his brothers stood proud his sister were grinning.

"LONG LIVE THE KING!" Sean yelled proudly throwing his fist in the air.

everyone joined in his brother's chant till everyone was cheering.

"Then we prepare TO FIGHT!" Arthur proclaimed happily.

everyone cheered louder than that and ran to their new homes, preparing to die for a life they wanted.

"Jonathan, i want you to start training the men, not all of them know how to fight. Sapphire, go to the kitchens and prepare the meals, by the end of tonight we will be starved. Lucas, get as much armor as you can. Thdiir i want you to scout the area, we do not know when Guinevere will show her face. Alex help Jonathan, there are a lot of people. Elena, can you start teaching the women how to stitch wounds? Henry-" Arthur ordered.

"but even i don't know how!" Elena exclaimed.

"I've got it." Henry said.

"Alright good, Elena what can you offer me?" Arthur asked.