50- Broken

Percy's POV

My hand clenched around the coral necklace. With the other hand, I kept pounding my finger on the lobby button.

Stupid, stupid, idiot, dumbass, I cursed. My eyes started to water.

As the doors opened, Mark was standing in-front of it. His eyes were wide when he saw my face. No doubt I looked like a zombie about to hunt down his lunch. I couldn't help it. I lunged at him and pressed him against the wall.

"This is your fault!" I punched his face, drawing blood from his nose. He got loose from my grip and held out a hand towards me.

"Percy... I did not do anything... please," He pleaded. I ran to him and kicked his shin.

"You did this. You wanted Annabeth to yourself, you selfish bastard!" I lunged at him, again, but he dodged me. I tried to punch him, but he ducked. My punches started to come off desperate.

"Yes, I wanted Annabeth to myself, but I held myself back," he said, while trying to fight my fist. His face was covered in blood, now. "I respected the fact that she was with you. I didn't attempt anything. I just tried to be whatever she saw me as: a friend! That was all I was to her!"

I stopped. My chest furiously rose up and down as I tried to catch my breath. As I looked around me, a crowd had formed, taking pictures and videos. John and some security guards tried to make their way through the crowd.

"Your own jealousy got to you, even though there was nothing to be jealous of. You don't deserve her," Mark spat. I lunged at him, but I was held back. The elevator doors dinged, and the last thing I saw before I was dragged away, was Annabeth helping Mark up.

Thalia's POV

"Open the fucking door." I slammed my fist against the door. When I didn't hear Percy, I placed my ear against the door. Still quiet.

"Fuck it," I mumbled and broke the door handle with a flashlight. It was dark. I couldn't see a thing. I turned on my flashlight and saw Percy. He sat in the corner of his room, surrounded by a box and beer bottles. His head was between his knees.

Probably stole those drinks off of Paul, I thought. Dumbass.

When Piper called me saying there was a problem, I didn't expect Percy fighting Mark. I was expecting Leo and the Stolls arrested by the NYPD. I didn't even know Percy was back.

"What the fuck happened? Piper called me and said she found Annabeth crying and wiping blood off of Mark's face!"

Percy stayed silent, holding a bottle in one hand and staring at the open music box, except no music came out.

"Talk to me, dipshit!"

He slowly lifted his head, and I had to reassure myself that this was the same Percy I know. He looked different. His eyes were bloodshot and tears stained his face. He looked at me with such a lost look in his eyes. He started to grin and laughed, making him sound insane. "I lost her... haha... I punched Mark... She... she came running to him... while I got dragged off... haha... I fucking lost her!"

He threw his bottle to the wall, and I flinched at his sudden outburst. I've never seen Percy like this: broken and crying. I grimaced at how I stormed into his room, thinking he wasn't broken. I crouched down to him, putting my flashlight on the floor.

"Percy... It's okay. It's o-" The door suddenly flew open, and the next thing I knew was that Percy was being punched by Luke. Percy sat there, taking the punches, and blood came out of his nose.

"Luke! Stop it! I told you not to come here!" I yelled and pried Luke off of Percy. He ignored me and held a tight grip on Percy's collar.

"I told you to take care of her! I told you, and you promised. You said she would never... cry when she's with you. You fucking promised, you bastard!"

Percy pulled himself off of Luke's grip and wiped the blood from his mouth. "I know what I said!"

As Percy was getting up, he wobbled. I rushed in to help him, but he batted my hand away.

Just trying to help, I thought.

"She broke up with me... not the other way around. I lost her, okay? Do you understand?" He paused, looking at the floor. Then, he glared at Luke. "Why am I the bastard? You're the one who cheated on Annabeth."

Luke slammed Percy to the wall, with a loud thud. He was about to punch Percy, when I stopped him. "Can both of you stop?!"

Again, Percy ignored me and chuckles. "Go ahead! Punch me! Kick me! Throw me over Brooklyn Bridge, if you want! I already feel like shit!"

Luke paused and anger was replaced with sympathy. He dropped his hold on Percy, who went back to grabbing a beer bottle.

"Oh no, you don't." I took the bottles away from his reach, and he slumped. Luke pulled me aside.

"Call his mother," he said. "I'll stay with him and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Go to Annabeth."

I nodded. I turned to leave the room, but I held myself back. "Luke... thanks for coming back."

He grimly nodded. "I wish I didn't come back to this."

--------------------------------------------
I felt bad for Percy for this chapter! I'm sorry, Percy!

Thank you for reading this chapter! I'm open to any constructive criticism or suggestions. I hope you all stay until the very end because it's coming soon.

Vote and comment 💙

-Brainy_dolphin<3