41- Corner

Percy's POV

"Both of you gotta man up," Leo said, leaning back next to Calypso in our rented, black limousine.

"Can you both just go up there?" Thalia said. "We only rented this limo for a limited amount of time, you know."

I looked at Jason. We probably looked so out of it. We were out of it on the inside too.

"They're right," I said, reaching for the light blue corsage. "We're gonna have to go up sooner or later."

Jason scratched the back if his head and picked up his pink corsage. I felt bad for him. Piper made him wear a pink tie, but I do give him points for still wearing it. I looked at everyone. Thalia was in her all-black dress, Calypso in her white dress, Hazel in her golden dress, and all of us- the guys- in our tuxes with the our black ties (except for Jason) and our flower clipped on to the pocket.

Jason and I stepped out of the limo and into the building. Piper had called Jason and said that she would get ready with Annabeth.

John came rushing towards us in his bellman uniform. He had a smirk. "Here for Annabeth?"

Jason and I looked at each other with confusion. "How did you know?" I asked. He led us to the elevator and pressed the button with the number 18 on it.

"Annabeth told me she was expecting two guys. One black-haired, the other blonde. Also, news spreads really quickly here in New York," he said. "Everyone here knows that she's dating you. Right, Percy Jackson?"

I was taken aback. I forgot that I was not Peter anymore. Peter is gone, I made myself remember.

The elevator doors opened, and Jason and I walked out. Aphrodite and Athena were sitting on the couch, drinking from a mug.

"Ooh! Both of you are here! Good. I'll call them," Aphrodite giggled and ran upstairs. Athena came towards us with her mug. Her eyes pierced through me.

"I don't want any funny business," she said, "If I find out that you two had se-"

In an instant, my face grew warm. I heard Jason give a snort. "I won't- We won't. I have no intention of doing...it."

Athena only took a sip from her mug and walked away. Jason started to guffaw. I punched his arm.

"Shut up," I muttered. "Next time, your face will be next."

We waited there for a couple of minutes, until we heard footsteps from the stairs. I looked up, and I gripped the box of the corsage tighter to make sure it wasn't going to slip from my hand.

Annabeth and Piper walked down the stairs with a squealing Aphrodite on their trails. Annabeth had her hair up with some of her gray strands framing her face. It was hard to be careful of where I looked, especially when Athena showed up next to me and Annabeth's dress had a v-neck. Her dress was a mixture between light blue and gray. It was thin-strapped and had a v-neck. The upper-half hugged her curves, but the lower-half draped her like a blanket. She looked like a goddess.

"Eyes up, boys," Athena warned us. Annabeth walked towards me with a glint in her eyes. She looked at me up and down.

"Sally did your tie, huh?" She guessed.

I chuckled and nodded. I tied the corsage around her wrist. I put my hand behind her back, only to touch bare skin. She blushed.

"It's backless?" I whispered. She shyly nodded. I pulled her closer to me. "You look beautiful." I was about to kiss her, but Aphrodite butted in.