13- Crackle of The Fire

Percy's POV

I felt content hearing the crashes of the waves.

I was the first one out of the house after we settled in. I took off my shirt, leaving me in my swim trunks, and laid down on the sand. I closed my eyes.

I hate having to fake things and lie to her. Her. What would she think? If I tell her right now, what would she say? Would she say that I'm just like any other celebrity out there? A fake? I hate this. I wish I didn't put on this itchy wig and disturbing eye contacts.

I groaned, laying my hand on my stomach. My closed eyes were blinded by the sun, until I heard someone walking towards me, blocking the sun.

"Hey, what the-" I opened my eyes and squinted at the person who just ruined my thought process. After my eyes adjusted, I saw Jason standing in front of me, his arms crossed in front of his chest. He took a seat next to me.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked, glancing at me.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine. You know just wondering when to tell Annabeth about this," I waved my hand in front of my face. He sighed.

"You know, telling her sooner than later is better."

"Everyone keeps telling me that! I know that I should tell her sooner than later-"

"But you don't want to hurt her..." He realized. I nodded. We sat in silence, not knowing what to say to each other. It's always been like this. In a group, we're loud and too much to handle, but if it's one on one, we're quiet. Especially with Jason.

From the house, Calypso walked out of the house. Leo was on the grill, like always. He wolf-whistled when he saw Calypso. We always knew he had a thing for her. I mean, it's pretty obvious. Even I, who is oblivious as hell could tell.

Piper and Annabeth walked out of the house next, wearing their swimsuits. Annabeth looked drop-dead gorgeous.
It took me a few minutes to realize that they were walking our way. Piper whispered in Annabeth's ear, which caused her cheeks to blush. I had my jaw dropped when they stood in front of me.

Jason snapped me out of it and went off with Piper, dragging her towards the beach.

"Close your mouth, you might catch flies," she smirked. I quickly closed my mouth and stood up. She had a book in her hand and a towel on the other. She laid out her towel and sat down, ready to read her book.

"Why do you have to take the fun out of everything?" I blurted out.

"Excuse me?" She raised one eyebrow.

"I mean, why do you have a book out on the beach?" I grabbed the book out of her hand, and sat it down away from her.

"Hey! Peter! You can't do that," she said. I ignored her and stood up. I grabbed both of her hands and helped her up. She kept protesting, but I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. "Peter, put me down!" She said persistently, while hitting my back with her fists. I kept moving forward, until the water was waist-deep. I "gently" dropped her. She surfaced and splashed water towards me.

I was very careful to not fully submerge myself into the water to protect my disguise, but I can't really do that when there's an angry Annabeth trying to wrestle me.