37- Meeting

Percy's POV

"I'm sorry, Percy... And can you say sorry to Annabeth for me?" Calypso whispered. I shook my head.

"I can't say sorry to her for you," I said. "You have to say sorry yourself... And I hope we can get the old Calypso back."

She gave a small smile and stood up. "Thank you, Percy. For everything." With that, she turned away from me and left.

I hope we get her back. Not just for the better, but for Leo. I can't stand Leo's sulking, I said to myself. I stood up and started to make my way back to the cafeteria. When I turned a corner, I was met with a teary-eyed Annabeth, and a guy, who I recognized as Mark from the fashion show. He had a hand on her shoulder.

"Annabeth?" I asked. "What happened?"

She only looked at me in the eye, and I knew something bad went down. The usual intense gray orbs were filled with sadness. Her cheeks and nose were painted with red.

I turned my gaze towards Mark. "What did you do to her?"

He looked rather shocked. "What? I didn't do anything. You should've been looking out for your girlfriend. Thankfully I found her near her locker."

I ignored him and turned to Annabeth.

"It's okay, Peter. Let's just go outside," she said. I nodded and offered her my hand. Mark hesitantly let his hand fall back to his side. Annabeth took my hand.

"Thank you, Mark," she said. He just nodded and left. We started making our way towards the tree outside.

I should've been there for you, I thought.

"Hey, I know you're blaming yourself. Stop that," she chided.

I looked at her in awe. "How did you know?"

"I can see the guilt in your eyes," she looked at me and rubbed her thumb on my knuckles. "Besides, you couldn't have known. You were talking with Calypso. Stop blaming yourself. It's fine."

I stared at her. "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

She gave a slight nod. "I found Rachel leaning against my locker..."

-

"Don't worry. Grover isn't that bad," I whispered to Annabeth as we walked in Grover's office building in Manhattan. Of course, as we walked in people recognized Annabeth. I, on the other hand, had my Peter getup still because we just came from school.

"I'm not worried about him," Annabeth whispered back. She cocked her head towards a girl walking behind us, Juniper. "I'm worried about her."

I raised my eyebrow. "Why?"

"Mom made Juniper go with me to...make sure I'm not doing anything stupid," Annabeth said. I glanced at Juniper.

"So you're worried that she's babysitting you?" I asked her. Annabeth simply nodded.

-

Knock knock.

"Come in," Grover's voice echoed through the door. I pushed the door open, revealing Grover with a pile of papers on his desk. I wouldn't be surprised if they were about me and Annabeth.