14- Gray

Annabeth's POV

"Oh...You are in so much trouble"

I squinted my eyes to see who it was: Frank. Standing in front of me. No, in front of Pet-Percy and I. In a hammock. Yesterday's events came rushing in.

It took me a while to notice that my head was in the crook of Percy's neck, while his arm was on my waist. I looked up at his face and wished I didn't because he was staring straight at me, smirking, ignoring Frank's deathly stare.

Blush came up to my cheeks, and I felt the tip of my ears heat up. I frantically got out of Percy's arm and the hammock.

"W-we just slept...accidentally. I s-swear...We didn't do anything," I stammered.

"Uh huh, yeah, sure. Do you know how early everyone woke up, just to find you guys?! We thought you both got kidnapped!" He flailed his arms.

Frank ushered us both into the house, where everyone else was waiting in there pajamas. He told everyone where we were and what we were "doing". Hazel fanned herself with her hands from hearing it. Leo guffawed, hunching over. The Stolls wiggled their eyebrows suggestively.

They, also took notice of Percy's black hair instead of brown. Percy explained everything to them and took off his contacts too. Thalia clasped him on the back. Everyone else cheered.

After that happened, I went to the room that I shared with Calypso. As I opened the door, I saw Calypso rummaging around in my bag, holding my phone. I always have my phone with me -other than this moment- and I have never misplaced it before, which is why I didn't feel the need to put a password on it. I know. It's pretty dumb of me.

"Wha-What are you doing?" I asked surprisingly.

She stopped what she was doing and quickly stood up. "Uh-Everyone was calling your phone, and I heard your phone ring, so I followed it."

I knew there's something more. "But why are you rummaging through my bag?" I folded my arms in front of my chest and stared daggers at her.

"Uh-um...I... I... I was just-" She stuttered.

"Guys, breakfast is ready," Leo interrupted. Calypso quickly handed me my phone back and ran out of the room.

-

That wasn't the only time Calypso acted suspicious. A week later, in school, she became rather distant, like Rachel. She hasn't been eating with us during lunch. Because of that, Leo became less energetic. Everyone were also less energetic, but not as much as Leo. It's not always the same when Leo doesn't shout, "I'm the Super-sized Mc-shizzle, man! I'm Leo Valdez bad boy supreme. And the ladies love a bad boy."

After school, Percy-in his Peter disguise- and I walked past the art room to go to my locker. Suddenly, Rachel and Calypso walked out, holding gray paint. We crashed into them, and they spilled the paint on us, accidentally.

"What the- Annabeth, Peter! Watch where you're going!" Rachel yelled at us. The gray paint got on a streak of my hair. "This is acrylic paint! It's permanent! And expensive!"

Percy stood there, shocked. He wiped off some paint off his wig and shirt. I noticed that there was a small lock of black hair, underneath his wig, that got covered in paint.

"You guys just ruined my new jeans!" Calypso said, looking down at her jeans. "What the hell!"

I stood back in amazement. "What?! Us? You were the one not looking when you got out of the room!" I was ready to get in verbal fight with them.

Before the fight could start, Percy grabbed my hand and led me away from them.

"You okay?" He checked my paint-covered face. He ran his thumb across my cheek to wipe off the paint.

"Yeah. I don't understand them. One day they're my closest friends, the next they're treating us like damn peasants," I said.

Percy touched a lock of my hair and held it up. It was covered in gray, same as Percy's. He looked around to make sure no one was in the same area as us. He took off his wig and his natural hair came out.

"Should've worn a bald cap underneath, today." He chuckled and held up a gray lock of his own.

"Seaweed Brain," I laughed at his idiocy.

"Hey, this is like our trademark! BFFs!" He said enthusiastically, throwing an arm around me. I shoved him playfully.

"Don't ever say that again," I chuckled.

Ever since that trip to Montauk with the hammock "scandal", Percy and I have been more... expressive. Comfortable? No, we are not dating. We're just friends. We don't mention that incident, anymore. But the others sure do. Constant teasing. Apparently the entire school knows about it too. There were two twins that took a photo of us on the hammock sleeping. Yep. Travis and Connor sent it out to everyone. And I mean everyone! At least, it was dark. Percy's hair color couldn't be seen as much. My mop of a hair covered most of his beautiful hair. Remind me to get revenge on them.

--------------------------------------------
I'm a horrible person for making Calypso become into this. Eeeee.

The gray strand of hair on them!!
I brought them back! I miss their gray streaks on the books, so I added them on. :D

Sorry it's a shorter chapter than usual. The next event that happens needs a new chapter for it, so yep.

Last update until I come back from vacation. Nooooo. Sorrrryyy! Don't worry though! I'll have nice, new chapters once I come back.

I'm open to criticism and suggestions.

The usual disclaimer: I do not own any of these! Uncle Rick made them!

You know the drill: Vote and comment (if you want to)

Until next time:

-Brainy_dolphin <3